Please make sure you only buy ur bowl game tickets directly from the U of M's office

supadupafly

Reaction score
I know some have heard this before, but for those who haven't or are not aware of this, please MAKE SURE THAT YOU ONLY PURCHASE YOUR GOPHER BOWL GAME TICKETS AND/OR TRAVEL PACKAGES DIRECTLY FROM THE U OF M TICKET OFFICE. EITHER ONLINE, IN PERSON, OR OVER THE PHONE FROM THE U OF M. I cannot tell you how important doing this is as far as the future bowl selection success of the U of M football program is concerned.

It is extremely important that the U of M sells their required allotment of 12,000 tickets for our bowl game in Houston. Only purchases made directly from a school's university ticketing/travel office count towards that important tickets sold total that we need to make sure and reach anytime we make a bowl game. Bowl selection committees take the ability of a school to sell their required ticket allotment very seriously and it is often one of the most important factors they take into consideration when determining which school they will select for their bowl, if they have more than one option. Being able to sell our allotment of tickets will go far in making sure our Gophers are always a desirable selection in future bowl games.

This post is purely for information purposes for those who may not be aware of this stipulation when it comes to college football bowl games. Please do not turn it into a needless debate thread regarding your personal thoughts towards the process, your thoughts on the U of M's procedures on selling tickets, whether or not you believe the U of M sells its full allotment, etc.

We are going to Houston, TX for the bowl game and will only be buying our tickets and our travel package directly from the U of M and its travel package partner. Our family feels it is more important to do this and support the future of the U of M football program vs. saving a couple bucks closer to game day by buying game tickets through a scalper or scalper website like stubhub, ebay. Because game tickets purchased from scalpers in person or through an online scalper website will NOT count towards the U of M's official tickets sold total.

Below is the link to the U of M's bowl central webpage on www.mygophersports.com where there is ticket & travel package information and purchasing.

https://www.mygophersports.com/Online/bowlcentral?utm_source=GopherSports&utm_medium=splash&utm_campaign=BowlCentral

This drives me nuts.

Yes, I understand everything you're saying, it makes complete sense, and I would truly like to "help out the cause".

However...

I also like watching games from good seats. If I'm faced with the difference between tix in the Gophers section in the end zone or corners for $40 or buying 40-yd line tix for $120, I'm sorry, I'm probably buying the midfield seats.

Feel free to blast away....

I don't think most people actually know this information.... great post

Another option is to buy a ticket or two and donate to charity. I'm sure someone can provide the links (I don't have them handy) but there are options to donate them to troops or children charities in the local area. I have done this in the past. It helps the U, helps those less fortunate and is tax deductible.

Just bought 2 of the $75 tickets. It says priority will go to season ticket holders, etc. I wonder if having student tickets puts me in that group or not.

Another option is to buy a ticket or two and donate to charity. I'm sure someone can provide the links (I don't have them handy) but there are options to donate them to troops or children charities in the local area. I have done this in the past. It helps the U, helps those less fortunate and is tax deductible.

Now THIS is a great idea. Does anyone else know how to make this happen?

I just did my part ordering 5 tix and may get 1 or 2 more. 3 of us going down plus we recruited 2 MN natives living in TX to go with us to the game even though they did not plan on it. I need to go and buy them each a gold t-shirt which I plan to give them along with the tix as X-mas presents ;-)

Ski-U-Mah and Go Gophers!

I just did my part ordering 5 tix and may get 1 or 2 more. 3 of us going down plus we recruited 2 MN natives living in TX to go with us to the game even though they did not plan on it. I need to go and buy them each a gold t-shirt which I plan to give them along with the tix as X-mas presents ;-)

+1. nice work good sir!

Go Gophers!

This is a great idea and very thoughtful for those who might not otherwise be able to go to the game and are from the Houston area.

GopherLady or someone else: Do you know how one could go about this type of option while still making sure that the U of M is getting full credit towards their allotment total for the tickets being sold? Perhaps this is something one could ask the U of M ticket office about doing, as I am sure they would have the information on-hand if one called or emailed them.

As you said, even if one is already planning on going to the bowl game (or if they unfortunately can't make it), but have the financial ability/desire to purchase additional tickets and have them donated on the U of M's behalf to others that would be fantastic.

Gopher Ticket Office Phone & Email Information is below. Their office hours are Monday thru Friday from 9AM to 5PM Central

(612) 624-8080 (Metro Area)
1-800-U-GOPHER (1-800-846-7437) (Toll free)
(612) 625-0003 (fax)
[email protected] (email)

Mailing Address:

Gopher Athletics Ticket Office
4 Oak St SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455

Tickets bought. Flight booked. Staying at the team hotel (Hyatt Regency) " Gong back to Houston..Houston....Houston. *Dean Martin

Anyone know if they are doing any two day packags for those of us with limited vac

If you have limited vacation days you can take and work for the financial side of your company it is hard to get December
time off especially the last week of the year. I'm not looking to be cheap just, all I could really receive off as vacation time would be Thursday and Friday so at best I would be able to leave Thursday night after work, come back Saturday and go back to work. Anyone looked over the Uof M' packages and do they have any 3 day options? Arrive Thursday night leave Saturday?

If you have limited vacation days you can take and work for the financial side of your company it is hard to get December
time off especially the last week of the year. I'm not looking to be cheap just, all I could really receive off as vacation time would be Thursday and Friday so at best I would be able to leave Thursday night after work, come back Saturday and go back to work. Anyone looked over the Uof M' packages and do they have any 3 day options? Arrive Thursday night leave Saturday?

Looks like Wednesday Night is when they leave for the Charter.

Gopher Fans -

We are headed to Houston for the Meineke Car Care Bowl on December 28th!

Creative Charters is working with University of Minnesota Athletics and the University of Minnesota Alumni Association as the tour provider for the Official University of Minnesota Meineke Car Care Bowl Tour

This is a great opportunity to be a Travelin' Golden Gopher fan!

This is the first time in Modern Gopher Bowl history that we were selected above another Big Ten team.
Along with this selection comes Fan Responsibility - we need to show our support for Golden Gopher Football by physically being in Reliant Stadium.

We will be playing TEXAS TECH. We have a grudge match!

We must take advantage of this opportunity! Now we need to show how we support our Golden Gophers! and turn Reliant Stadium into GOLD!

Tell your friends, family and all the Gopher fans you know - Let's go to Texas!

NO EXCUSES
We will be back for Gopher Hockey and the Mariucci Classic on the 29th & 30th
We will be back for Gophers Women's Basketball against Creighton on the 30th
We will be back for the Viking Packer game on the 30th
We will be back for Gopher Men's basketball against Michigan State on the 31st
We will be back for New Year's Eve
We will be back for New Year's Day

We will depart either the evening of Wednesday, December 26 or the morning of Thursday,December 27, returning on Saturday, December 29.

Details will be posted on our website as they are available www.creativecharter.com

Go Gophers!

Steve & Dorothy Erban

Creative Charters
651-748-0080 / 651-748-1272 fax
[email protected]

They leave Thursday morning, and I and more Gopher fans can swing that

Looks like Wednesday Night is when they leave for the Charter.

Gopher Fans -

We are headed to Houston for the Meineke Car Care Bowl on December 28th!

Creative Charters is working with University of Minnesota Athletics and the University of Minnesota Alumni Association as the tour provider for the Official University of Minnesota Meineke Car Care Bowl Tour

This is a great opportunity to be a Travelin' Golden Gopher fan!

This is the first time in Modern Gopher Bowl history that we were selected above another Big Ten team.
Along with this selection comes Fan Responsibility - we need to show our support for Golden Gopher Football by physically being in Reliant Stadium.

We will be playing TEXAS TECH. We have a grudge match!

We must take advantage of this opportunity! Now we need to show how we support our Golden Gophers! and turn Reliant Stadium into GOLD!

Tell your friends, family and all the Gopher fans you know - Let's go to Texas!

NO EXCUSES
We will be back for Gopher Hockey and the Mariucci Classic on the 29th & 30th
We will be back for Gophers Women's Basketball against Creighton on the 30th
We will be back for the Viking Packer game on the 30th
We will be back for Gopher Men's basketball against Michigan State on the 31st
We will be back for New Year's Eve
We will be back for New Year's Day

We will depart either the evening of Wednesday, December 26 or the morning of Thursday,December 27, returning on Saturday, December 29.

Details will be posted on our website as they are available www.creativecharter.com

Go Gophers!

Steve & Dorothy Erban

Creative Charters
651-748-0080 / 651-748-1272 fax
[email protected]

I hope they select the Thursday morning 12/27/12 as that is more workable. The morning departure date on thursday I think that will work more for Gopher fans and they will sell more slots than leaving on Wednesday evening, especially for those that work a 9 to 5:30 or 10 to 06 PM like schedule. I could make up 1 day lost without vacation not 2. I have used Creative charters before, not a bad set up but the departure times are some times hard to work around.

My suggestion would be that anyone that purchases two tickets gets a some credit for season tickets in 2013. I might consider doing that and even donating the tickets.

I hope they select the Thursday morning 12/27/12 as that is more workable. The morning departure date on thursday I think that will work more for Gopher fans and they will sell more slots than leaving on Wednesday evening, especially for those that work a 9 to 5:30 or 10 to 06 PM like schedule. I could make up 1 day lost without vacation not 2. I have used Creative charters before, not a bad set up but the departure times are some times hard to work around.

Sorry gopherdude2, checked the website before I posted the above. They are leaving Wednesday night. Should have made that clearer.

MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS vs TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS

Depart on Wednesday evening at 5:00 pm, December 26

Returning on Saturday at 8:00 pm ,December 29

http://www.creativecharter.com/gopher_packages/Gopher Football Meineke Car Care Bowl.htm

This drives me nuts.

Yes, I understand everything you're saying, it makes complete sense, and I would truly like to "help out the cause".

However...

I also like watching games from good seats. If I'm faced with the difference between tix in the Gophers section in the end zone or corners for $40 or buying 40-yd line tix for $120, I'm sorry, I'm probably buying the midfield seats.

Feel free to blast away....

feel free to blast away? why try and play the victim/martyr in this scenario? as i am sure the U of M will have plenty of midfield seats available to purchasers in their allotment of tickets if that is where you are hoping to sit for the game. your theory doesn't seem to hold much water to me.

there really is no need and no reason for gopher fans looking to help out our university when it comes to bowl cred to not buy their tickets through the U of M ticket office. unless one just wants to go against that for the sake of going against it. which in that case, i really don't understand at all.

then again, and not saying this is you, some minnesotans/mid-westerners are so annoyingly stubborn in their viewpoints to the point where it is strange. even when the facts are not fully on their side. stubborn in their approach to the point where it ends up being a negative for something they actually support. case in point.....all of us wondering why our gophers were picked over for some better bowl games between 1999-2006 when a number of times we had the better record compared to a couple other big ten teams. meanwhile from 1999-2006 we are not buying enough school allotment tickets to bowl games, or if we did go to the game, some of us were insistent on buying them from scalpers to save $20-$30 bucks when it turn that hurts the U of M with all of the bowl committees. sorry.....just saying. again that was not directed at you personally. was more an overall comment on some of our fan bases attitudes/approach to stuff like this.

We booked a vacation package (flight and hotel) through Delta Vacations. I looked at a lot of different options and they had what I thought was the best deal. Leaving Weds and returning Saturday with a direct flight and a 4-star hotel across from Reliant Stadium for about $550/person. Cheaper if you cut out a day or two. Travel is never cheap these days so I hope you can figure something out... good luck.

Go Gophers!

We booked a vacation package (flight and hotel) through Delta Vacations. I looked at a lot of different options and they had what I thought was the best deal. Leaving Weds and returning Saturday with a direct flight and a 4-star hotel across from Reliant Stadium for about $550/person. Cheaper if you cut out a day or two. Travel is never cheap these days so I hope you can figure something out... good luck.

Go Gophers!

nice work! now just make sure you guys buy your game tickets from the U of M ticket office. and it will be a perfect trifecta of gopher football fun in houston.

ski-u-mah!

nice work! now just make sure you guys buy your game tickets from the U of M ticket office. and it will be a perfect trifecta of gopher football fun in houston.

ski-u-mah!

As I noted in a previous post, I already purchased five (5) tix from the ticket office. Tomorrow, I plan to purchase one more for a friend who has decided to come down with us. We'll have a nice 6-pack of Golden Gopher fans at the game.

As I noted in a previous post, I already purchased five (5) tix from the ticket office. Tomorrow, I plan to purchase one more for a friend who has decided to come down with us. We'll have a nice 6-pack of Golden Gopher fans at the game.

my bad. didn't notice that. well played and hope you guys have as much fun in houston and at the game as we do. go gophers!

my bad. didn't notice that. well played and hope you guys have as much fun in houston and at the game as we do. go gophers!

No worries. I really appreciate that you started this thread. I hope others are buying their tix the same way as you and I. Likewise, have a great time in Houston and Go Gophers!

No worries. I really appreciate that you started this thread. I hope others are buying their tix the same way as you and I. Likewise, have a great time in Houston and Go Gophers!

+1. me too. please do your part fellow gopher fans who are going to our bowl game. it can't be said enough.

Bump. According to doogie, the u have only sold a couple hundred tickets!!! Damn!!!

Ground breaking news Doogie...why don't you also say you took the garbage out last night

Top Bottom