Please make it stop! Next, a red playing field

I remember reading somewhere a few months ago that the NCAA had a provision prohibiting turf that wasn't green (except Boise's which was grandfathered in). Guess not.

I remember reading somewhere a few months ago that the NCAA had a provision prohibiting turf that wasn't green (except Boise's which was grandfathered in). Guess not.

I thought I heard the same. Ah yes, marketing at it's best/worst.

Gophers going to a gold field? I can see a new thread; gold/white/maroon field?

Yeah but then the maroon seats won't match the maroon field and everyone will be in an uproar again. Can't wait.

This needs to be illegal.

Guess I won't be watching any Eastern Washington football games anymore!

This is a hugely unfair advantage. Everytime I've watched a Boise St. game the players can hardly be distinguished. If this becomes a trend, something will have to be done.

Gophers in gold uniforms on a gold field. It would give a new meaning to the term Solid Gold.

Brewster would just suit us up in the maroon jerseys with the white pants even if we did have an all gold field..

Ridiculous. I hate seeing Boise St play, as was stated earlier - over the colors not standing out. They need to stop this fast. If this becomes the norm, I would certainly quit watching football altogether. Yuck.

Eastern Washington is not FBS....if they were I am not sure it would be legal.

I see nothing wrong with a small school trying to use it for some press. But when a big program does it, that would be just crazy.

If schools can't have a field the color of their uniform, than no teams should be allowed to have green uniforms.

I've heard Notre Dame is planting clover and placing leprechans and pots of gold all over the field. That's just not fair. "God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world."--Ed McMahon

Top Bottom