Players dont respect Brewster?

Jwill535

Reaction score
Just curious, havent seen all of your games, but in the game yesterday when Wilhite got his second PF he was taken out of the game. Brewster comes over to talk to him and after finally getting him to turn around Brewster starts to say something and Wilhite cuts him off with a "ah F*** that" and appears to not want to hear what Brewster was saying. Has this happened before with other players, or was this a one time thing?

Brewster is quick to bench anyone not named Weber...I'd be pissed about his show of favoritism too...

Stoudermire has had a few sideline bark-a-thons with assistant coaches. I don't know if he's ever gotten into it with Brewster.

I agree it's a problem, but I don't see this as being isolated to Brewster and Minnesota. You see a lot of kids on a lot of sidelines barking back at their coaches. It shouldn't happen.

Just curious, havent seen all of your games, but in the game yesterday when Wilhite got his second PF he was taken out of the game. Brewster comes over to talk to him and after finally getting him to turn around Brewster starts to say something and Wilhite cuts him off with a "ah F*** that" and appears to not want to hear what Brewster was saying. Has this happened before with other players, or was this a one time thing?

Not that I'm aware of, but to say that Brewster has lost respect is stating the obvious. I would be surprised if the players are indeed "buying in" like Brewster says they are. How can they? What is there to "buy" into? His methods and approach have failed miserably and everyone can see it, probably even the players.

Wilhite definitely went overboard, especially considering that facemask was brutally obvious and deserved the penalty.

Wilhite wasn't pissy about the penalty or Brewster; he was ticked that Ryan Collado stopped him on his way off the field with a few choice words. When anyone on that defense thinks he can "lecture" someone else, there is a bigger problem. None of them are good enough for that. What the camera caught is just another example of a decent bunch of young men unfolding under the pressure of the ship sinking.

It is more of a problem with the parents of a lot of D1 athletes. Not having coaches in HS that teach their high school studs to be coachable players. If you blame anyone for stuff like this (it happens at every school) you blame whoever was teaching the kid to be coachable from grades 7-12 (parents, coaches, ect.)

Wilhite wasn't pissy about the penalty or Brewster; he was ticked that Ryan Collado stopped him on his way off the field with a few choice words. When anyone on that defense thinks he can "lecture" someone else, there is a bigger problem. None of them are good enough for that. What the camera caught is just another example of a decent bunch of young men unfolding under the pressure of the ship sinking.

If this is true, kudos to Collado for being a leader. You don't have to be the best player on the field to know when a teammate is being an idiot.

Are you saying that Collado shouldn't have said anything? If that's what you're saying, then I think that's ridiculous. First of all, we don't know what he was trying to say to him. Maybe he was telling him to calm down. Maybe he was telling him to get his head in the game. I would hope every team would have a few leaders out there on the field.

It sure looks like Brewster has lost the team, much as Monson did before he was fired.

Wilhite definitely went overboard, especially considering that facemask was brutally obvious and deserved the penalty.

Wilhite played like a knucklehead-he deserved being yelled at by his own players and the coaching staff.

It sure looks like Brewster has lost the team, much as Monson did before he was fired.

How do you know this? Let's not confuse some fire and intensity with insubordination.

This team still looks to be playing hard to me, which is a testament to Brew.

How do you know this? Let's not confuse some fire and intensity with insubordination.

This team still looks to be playing hard to me, which is a testament to Brew.

This, effort is not the problem right now.
The issues are talent, mental mistakes by players, and defensive schemes

Top Bottom