Player Grading - Revised!!!

Moses87

Banned
Reaction score
After the Michigan game I really thought the season was over and they'd go out with a wimper. Much to my surprise and delight, they have picked themselves up and because of that, I am revising my season ending player grades.

PG - Joseph, B...Gradually improving and making less silly mistakes while knocking down more and more shots...HUGE improvement in 4 games.

SG - Westbrook, B-...His ability to spurt and score 5 or 6 points in a hurry gives the Gophers a chance in games when things aren't going well...He is still sloppy at times with the ball but he was great against MSU in overtime when we really needed him...Kudos for shooting a high percentage on FT's.

SG- Hoffarber, B...I still wish he'd learn to up fake opponents and go around people as they fly out to block his shot...he could create alot of offense if he would simply learn that up fake move. His 1st half against MSU was HUGE, hitting three 3's...Clutch rebounder at times too.

SF - D.Johnson, B+....he has done a better job of beating opponents off the dribble of late and playing solid defense...I'm surprised opponents dont favor his right side more because he only moves to his right...

C - Sampson, C+....Wildly inconsistent but his shooting vs Purdue really helped the Gophers seperate from the Boilers as they struggled...he needs to be more careful with the ball as he still loses it too easily but he has improved steadily over the past 2 months.

C- Iverson, B...Most improved Gopher over the past month....If he could only shoot FT's and value the ball more, I'd give him a B+ or A.

SF - R.Williams, C....Plays tight and sloppy alot but is very athletic and has tons of upside.

SG- Bostick, C-...Up from an F just 10 days ago...he has made solid contributions in the past 4 games.

PG - Cobbs...C...also improved over the past 10 days...Got major minutes vs Purdue today and didn't make many mistakes until his Technical.

SF - Carter, C+...Improving but still not close to reaching his potential....Solid game today rebounding after DJ left with an injury....

Tubby: C...Could still reach a B or higher if this team continues to improve....Giving significant minutes to Cobbs during the season has paid off...he didn't hurt us the last 2 games when he had to spell Joseph or Westbrook.

EVERYONE A+

We just beat the number 11 and number 6 team in the country!!!!!!!!

Moses87...You have been spewing venom for a long time now, and all of a sudden you are gonna grade us? Eat $hit and bark at the moon.

Doc

Moses87...You have been spewing venom for a long time now, and all of a sudden you are gonna grade us? Eat $hit and bark at the moon.

You need to come out of your shell!

:)

I yam what I yam, olive oyl... I am fed up with the spewers of venom and then they come back and try the good old CYA philosophy. Screw 'em, 201. they are all :pig:'s

Moses, you had little credibility before today. But you've managed to fritter even that small amount away with this post coming on the heels of your mid-game post about choking.

I get a kick out of Dr DON and his band of disciples who cannot keep on the topic of basketball....its amazing to me.....the negative energy that surrounds them must prevent them from remembering that this is a basketball board--

I get a kick out of Dr DON and his band of disciples who cannot keep on the topic of basketball....its amazing to me.....the negative energy that surrounds them must prevent them from remembering that this is a basketball board--

Get out of here!

What negative energy? The gophers just beat the 11 and 6th ranked teams in the country! WE ARE IN!

POSITIVE ENERGY!!!!

m2s...then go to the Purdue board and have fun.

Ah, we should emulate your example in this post. Your contribution is clearly keeping on the "topic of basketball" and displaying only "positive energy."

Nice use of irony, M2S.

Hey Dr. Don, why don't you tell us what you really think!! Don't sugar coat it!!! ;)

Why all the personal attacks on me?

I never attack any of you, for your opinions, do I???

Is this or is this NOT a message board where fans are free to post opinions on the Gophers basketball team? Those who attack other posters are lame..attack my opinions and viewpoints and lets engage in some lively debate...but why attack an individual...That is just lame!

No attacking here. Everyone is entitled to their opinions...I just think everyone thinks you've been a little harsh/negative to say the least...if you're a gophers fan, you'll agree with me when I say...

GO GOPHERS!!!

great post moses....

Sampson is better than a c plus....
Tubby is a b--
Iverson has improved bigtime...

The team improved when Tubby called the boyz out....

I never attack any of you, for your opinions, do I???

Is this or is this NOT a message board where fans are free to post opinions on the Gophers basketball team? Those who attack other posters are lame..attack my opinions and viewpoints and lets engage in some lively debate...but why attack an individual...That is just lame!

Moses87, you called the Gopher players a bunch of "rejects" a week or so ago. And now you are upset that people are attacking you?! Wow.

Go Gophers!!

That is just lame!

One, because people get sick of your constantly negative comments. They beat the hell out of Purdue in the first half and all you can post is a prediction of them collapsing.

Two, because of your revision of the players' grades. Hate to break it to you, but nobody (other than a dip*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# supposedly in California) cares what your grades are, revised or original.

The really lame part is trying to act like one of the gang now--a real Gopher fan who just happens to believe in tough love. At least Art Vandelay usually has the decency to disappear when things are good.

Eh, get along guys. Gophers will likely be in the tournament, life is good. Enjoy it.

Top Bottom