Player grades/observations

BigGopherFan

Banned
Reaction score
Paul Carter, C+
-He's done everything we could ask of him, and a little more.
Justin Cobbs, C+
-Hasn't played more than 17 minutes in single game. 25 assists, 14 TOs
Devoe Joseph, C-
-The only thing keeping him from a solid D was his performance against IU
Lawrence Westbrook, C
-He's having a clone of last season
Devron Bostick, F
-Not much was expected of him and he still gets a failing grade
Blake Hoffarber, B+
-Only thing keeping him from an A is the last two games, where he has a combined nine points
Rodney Williams, Incomplete
-Not sure what to think of him
Damian Johnson, B-
-Top-notch shot-blocker at 2.3 per game. Scoring is up to over 10 a game, but has registered more than 14 pts only once
Colton Iverson, D
-If his hands weren't so bad, he could average even more than the respectable 5.1 rpg. Offensively, he's probably taken a step back
Ralph Sampson, B
-Leading rebounder and one of conference's top shot-blockers. Two years, he could be an NBA-level talent

Big Colt

I'm actually a big fan of Colt. The guy has missed more shots within 3-5 feet of the basket it's unbelievable. He's NOT that far off.

Iverson's only a sophomore. The next two years, (with any luck, later this year?) he will be making those bunnies and will be one of the more respectable big men in the BT.

Considering the typical slow development of big men, these two have the potential to be a scary force in their Jr and Sr seasons.

Keep shooting the ball, Colt, they'll start to go down.

Oglee

I'm actually a big fan of Colt. The guy has missed more shots within 3-5 feet of the basket it's unbelievable. He's NOT that far off.

Iverson's only a sophomore. The next two years, (with any luck, later this year?) he will be making those bunnies and will be one of the more respectable big men in the BT.

Considering the typical slow development of big men, these two have the potential to be a scary force in their Jr and Sr seasons.

I agree.

+1

I agree with this as well. Colton is having a bit of a sophomore slump, but he'll get there...

Interesting grades, pretty accurate. I like the Rodney Williams Incomplete, but I thought it would have gong to Al Nolen (Rimshot- Badum-Ching). I would have a hard time giving Rodney more then a D+.

Given equal minutes, at an average of 20mpg-

Colton Iverson 5.3 rpg @ 20mpg.
Paul Carter 4.8
Ralph Sampson 4.7
Damian Johnson 3.2

For that reason, I'd have to bump Carter up to a B- and Colton to a D+.

I agree Ogee. We have to hang in there with Colt. By next year he'll be ox strong. He plays tall - unlike Ralph (the better athlete) who often shrinks himself to 6-5. If Colt can just slow down he's going to be fine. He had one beautiful post move against Indiana where he did just that- and scored. He just needs to do it more often.

Iverson will come back 10 or 15 lbs heavier next year, and be someone no one will enjoy defending.

Ralph Sampson, B
Two years, he could be an NBA-level talent

Nice kid - will do OK in the BT, but the NBA? Not a chance.

Iverson will come back 10 or 15 lbs heavier next year, and be someone no one will enjoy defending.

Most people enjoy defending someone who can't handle the ball or shoot, no matter how heavy they are.

My problem with Colt and RSIII is they simply cant catch the ball inside. They almost seem surprised when an entry pass hits their hands. Not sure if hands are something you can teach, but I sure hope so.

I dont think they are that off base. Who would you upgrade? Not like they can all have A's and B's with the way the team has performed so far...

How about the very first one listed?

BigGopherFan said:
Paul Carter, C+
-He's done everything we could ask of him, and a little more.

How does he get a C+ if he's done "everything we could ask of him, and a little more?" Sounds like 100% plus extra credit.

How about the very first one listed?

How does he get a C+ if he's done "everything we could ask of him, and a little more?" Sounds like 100% plus extra credit.

If a "C" is meeting expectations and he has done a "little more" than a C+ seems good to me. Just my opinion. I sure done think he has been a B+ or A

To become "eligible" for the dance all the grades of those at C+ or worse need to improve at least a half a grade.
Cobbs and Joseph need to spend some time "reading" and " comprehending" the flow of the game
Colton needs a "physics" lesson: Big man put round ball in cylinder when 3 feet and in.
Westbrook needs some serious help in "chemistry" and "psychology: Currently he is failing both
Carter needs to tap into his grasp of "theology" and bring some divine intervention to this team that is stumbling
Williams needs to brush up on his "aeronautics" : Get the crowd into the game using your legs, not your shot.
Bostick needs to visit the "Dean" : Get with the program

The positive side is that we have been in every game and have had a chance to win them all. This, with people really underperforming. Time to dig down deep and bring it home, boys.

To become "eligible" for the dance all the grades of those at C+ or worse need to improve at least a half a grade.
Cobbs and Joseph need to spend some time "reading" and " comprehending" the flow of the game
Colton needs a "physics" lesson: Big man put round ball in cylinder when 3 feet and in.
Westbrook needs some serious help in "chemistry" and "psychology: Currently he is failing both
Carter needs to tap into his grasp of "theology" and bring some divine intervention to this team that is stumbling
Williams needs to brush up on his "aeronautics" : Get the crowd into the game using your legs, not your shot.
Bostick needs to visit the "Dean" : Get with the program

The positive side is that we have been in every game and have had a chance to win them all. This, with people really underperforming. Time to dig down deep and bring it home, boys.

Very well done!

Blake Hoffarber, B+
-Only thing keeping him from an A is the last two games, where he has a combined
nine points

Really?

Top Bottom