Places to watch the Gophs is San Diego

gophers&guns

Reaction score
So I will be missing this weeks game due to a wedding in San Diego this week, and was wondering if anyone knows of a bar/establishment that would show the game. I will miss going crazy in section 117, but will be back for the next home game.

I live in San Diego. A place called The Bullpen has banks of televisions and is the place where I watch the Vikings. I would call them at 858-503-6786. They are located at 8199 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. in the Kearny Mesa neighborhood. Failing that, you can watch the game at my house. My e-mail address in minngopher@gmail. Misery loves company.

I live in San Diego. A place called The Bullpen has banks of televisions and is the place where I watch the Vikings. I would call them at 858-503-6786. They are located at 8199 Clairemont Mesa Blvd. in the Kearny Mesa neighborhood. Failing that, you can watch the game at my house. My e-mail address in minngopher@gmail. Misery loves company.

So now the home invite goes out! What happened to mine while I lived in America's Finest City :cool:

You kept our relationship strictly confined to Rico Tucker games!

Go Gophers!!

Depending on your location, there is a bar in San Marcos...Inland Tavern. Just opened about a year ago. Great food and they have about 10 big TV's. Tons of bars in Pacific Beach that cater to college football fans, always a good time there.

I also live in San Diego. The Alumni Association is having a watch party at Players bar in Poway. I was going to check that out, but it is my anniversary so I don't know if I'll be able to get away.
In Mission Beach there is a place called Guava Bar. It is a Vikings bar and if you call them they might have the Gophers on.
The owner of the Regal Beagle in Mission Hills is from MN and would put the game on for you.

Bleed- Always a pleasure to hear from you! I always appreciate your informative posts and ability to stay above the grousing and "I know more than you do" posts that seem to plague this forum. Wow, those Rico Tucker days seem like an eon ago and I am kind of sad when I reflect on how much promise Mr. Tucker seemed to offer. After his transfer I saw him play for Pepperdine at USD and he rarely left the bench. Anyway, thanks for stepping up and I do apologize for the retro-snub! I am coming back for the Illinois game. If I am lucky, I will run into you. I will be in Section 243. All the best!

with the water temp up around 77, unusually warm for San Diego, I'd say head to the Mission Beach option

the owner at pacific beach ale house is a hawkeye and sometimes obliging, but i think iowa is on at the same time

In 2003, I watched Rhys Lloyd grab the ax from The Green Flash at Pacific Beach. Not sure they would show a nonconference though.

A better option- tape the game and take a 3/4 Day trip out of Seaforth Landing- Captain Ryan on the San Diego will put you on some Dorado, Yellowfin, and Yellowtail. Highly recommended if you enjoy fishing and have the time.

Players bar in Poway is a great option depending on where you are in San Diego. Poway is about 45 minutes or so northwest I believe. When I am in San Diego on business and want to watch a game I go to the Yardhouse downtown. It's a chain so there isn't too much special about it but they have about 1,000 TVs that would certainly have the game on. If not, a server would be happy to change one of the TVs to it as they have done in the past for me.

Players bar in Poway is a great option depending on where you are in San Diego. Poway is about 45 minutes or so northwest I believe. When I am in San Diego on business and want to watch a game I go to the Yardhouse downtown. It's a chain so there isn't too much special about it but they have about 1,000 TVs that would certainly have the game on. If not, a server would be happy to change one of the TVs to it as they have done in the past for me.

Off topic, but a funny story about Yardhouse and their TVs. I was in Vegas for work and went to Yardhouse to watch the Lynx during their WNBA championship series. I asked the bartender if he could change it to the Lynx. He said, "Lakers? Sure." I said, "No, Lynx. The WNBA Finals." Literally, everyone at the bar within earshot turned and gave me a puzzled look.

icehut.jpg

maybe whoever is in here fishing would have the game on.
the hut is on the PCH in Encinitas.

Top Bottom