PJ's Forthcoming Book

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Just a prediction, no inside info on this, but I'm guessing he'll be writing a book on motivation and what it takes and means to be a team versus just a group of people. It won't be a book focused just on football (e.g, there won't be any X and O's discussion), it'll have a much broader appeal. Again, just my prediction. If he does do it, I'd add it to my reading list.

Hope I am not taking your thread off course, not my wish at all. Thought I read that a lot of what Fleck does is patterned after a Naval officer's book? Is that correct?

"Rowing the Boat, with PJ Fleck".

Forward by 4 Star Naval Brigadier General Cecil Eugene Diggs Haney & Sidney Hartman.

Last edited:

Hope I am not taking your thread off course, not my wish at all. Thought I read that a lot of what Fleck does is patterned after a Naval officer's book? Is that correct?

I don't know for sure, but wouldn't be surprised. The methods and jargon are a fraction of what the Marines use, and that organization seems to have had some success over the years.

I don't know for sure, but wouldn't be surprised. The methods and jargon are a fraction of what the Marines use, and that organization seems to have had some success over the years.
Did some searching after posting and believe (not absolutely, without a doubt certain) this is the book I was referring to earlier. "Turn the Ship Around!" by L. David Marquet, Captain U.S. Navy (retired)

There's a lot of books that influence his approach. I believe he has a list of books that players that are part of his leadership class are expected to read. Did a quick search and couldn't find the list, but I've heard it mentioned a few times by PJ. And to be precise, he wouldn't actually type the words, he (along with basically every other public personality) will have a ghost writer put it all together. Again, no inside info on my part, just pure speculation.

When my daughter went on a recruiting visit to Kansas one of the other recruits fathers mentioned he had seen PJ give a motivational speech in Missouri. He said it was unbelievable and the best he has seen. I could see him writing a motivational book.

Well actually 8th total but yes, 1st with Fleck. (For the Nebraska, WI and IA lurkers out there)
I was going to say after our 9th, then thought no after our 8th.......then just decided to go with first with fleck 1. I like the ring First with Fleck 2. Better to do the book after the Flecks First for recruiting purposes ;)

The championship - it's coming. He talked about waking up the sleeping giant in one of his press conferences when he was hired.

... since I'm going all in on predictions on this one, I'm also going to say the first sentence of the book will be, "Feb. 9, 2011 was the worst day in my life."

Top Bottom