PJ with PA

swingman

Reaction score
vaccine rate above 90% and climbing higher and higher daily...lot of guys who care about teammates, team, University, State

really likes front seven on defense, likes how the secondary looks

PJ noted (once again) that he only had four offensive linemen on the team when he got here...Which of these does he not remember?

Donnell Greene who arrived in 2016, was AllBig HM for PJ in 2017, helped him beat WI in 2018, and cashed some Jaguar checks?

Nick Connelly who arrived on campus in 2015 from Red Wing and who started started for PJ in 2017 and then died too young in 2018?

Conner Olson gtom Monticello who red shirted in 2016, played as a frosh starter for PJ in 2017 and still is playing for PJ and may set all-time starts record?

Jared Weyler who came on campus in 2014, played for PJ in 2017 and 2018 and was Academic All Big Ten in '16 and '17 while bleeding Maroon and Gold?

Quinn Oseland from PJ's home state of Illinois who arrived in 2015, started some games for PJ in 2017 (including a blow-out of NE where oline blocked for 400 plus yards) and played for PJ again in 2018?

Vincent Calhoun who played in 21 games in 2016 and 2017, starting 13, including six starts for PJ in 2017?

Garrison Wright who arrived in 2016, started all 13 games, and then played for PJ in 2017, starting 12 games and winning PJ's "Trench Award"?

Bronson Dovich who came on campus from Chaska in 2015 and played in 23 games for PJ in 17 and 18?

Sam Schlueter who arrived on campus from Victoria in 2016 and has been a mainstay on PJ's offensive line for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, winning all-big HM in 19 and 20 and academic all big for last four years and opted for another year in 2021?

Connor Mayes who transferred in March of 2017 to TCU after being a starter here in '15 and '16?

Ben Davis, the juco from California, who arrived in May of 2017?

Blaise Andries from Marshall who was a verbal commit when he took the job and is still on the team?

JMS who switched as WMU verbal to MN and is still on the team?

Kyle Sassack who came along as well?

Walk-ons Rousemiller and Ruschmeyer who arrived in 2017 (Axel started last year)?

How did you beat Bleed Gopher in posting this, that's what I want to know!

vaccine rate above 90% and climbing higher and higher daily...lot of guys who care about teammates, team, University, State

PJ noted (once again) that he only had four offensive linemen on the team when he got here...Which of these does he not remember?

Donnell Greene who arrived in 2016, was AllBig HM for PJ in 2017, helped him beat WI in 2018, and cashed some Jaguar checks?

Nick Connelly who arrived on campus in 2015 from Red Wing and who started started for PJ in 2017 and then died too young in 2018?

Conner Olson gtom Monticello who red shirted in 2016, played as a frosh starter for PJ in 2017 and still is playing for PJ and may set all-time starts record?

Jared Weyler who came on campus in 2014, played for PJ in 2017 and 2018 and was Academic All Big Ten in '16 and '17 while bleeding Maroon and Gold?

Quinn Oseland from PJ's home state of Illinois who arrived in 2015, started some games for PJ in 2017 (including a blow-out of NE where oline blocked for 400 plus yards) and played for PJ again in 2018?

Vincent Calhoun who played in 21 games in 2016 and 2017, starting 13, including six starts for PJ in 2017?

Garrison Wright who arrived in 2016, started all 13 games, and then played for PJ in 2017, starting 12 games and winning PJ's "Trench Award"?

Bronson Dovich who came on campus from Chaska in 2015 and played in 23 games for PJ in 17 and 18?

Sam Schlueter who arrived on campus from Victoria in 2016 and has been a mainstay on PJ's offensive line for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, winning all-big HM in 19 and 20 and academic all big for last four years and opted for another year in 2021?

Connor Mayes who transferred in March of 2017 to TCU after being a starter here in '15 and '16?

Blaise Andries from Marshall who was a verbal commit when he took the job and is still on the team?

Walk-ons Rousemiller and Ruschmeyer who arrived in 2017 (Axel started last year)?
He's talking about only having four healthy Olineman during his first spring practice as many of the names you've mentioned, save for Tyler Moore and Connor Mayes, were injured / recovering from surgery

He's talking about only having four healthy Olineman during his first spring practice as many of the names you've mentioned, save for Tyler Moore and Connor Mayes, were injured / recovering from surgery
no, he has been saying four offensive linemen on the team or on the roster...he says nothing about number of healthy bodies for spring ball in 2017

no, he has been saying four offensive linemen on the team or on the roster...he says nothing about number of healthy bodies for spring ball in 2017
regardless of what he said this is what he meant. He has been talking about starting with only four healthy lineman for years. I'd be curious to see if his quote was that he only had four on the roster or you are reading that part in

90% is great. 10% chance out there to screw things up though. We need everyone including opponents to get the shot. Can you imagine having a lineman across the line from you breathing hard into your face?

Will be interesting if future recruits will say that they are vaccinated in an effort to earn a scholarship.

regardless of what he said this is what he meant. He has been talking about starting with only four healthy lineman for years. I'd be curious to see if his quote was that he only had four on the roster or you are reading that part in
Agreed. I've heard him say healthy numerous times over the years.

I swear people look way too hard at each and every word he says. Like have you never misspoke? Lol. I did in front of a client earlier today.

What are his exact words though?

"We had 4 lineman" while vague, is not a lie. There were only 4 lineman available to practice/play when he became HC. Now, if he explicitly said "We had 4 lineman on the team/roster" then he's mispeaking/misrepresenting the situation.

Agreed. I've heard him say healthy numerous times over the years.

I swear people look way too hard at each and every word he says. Like have you never misspoke? Lol. I did in front of a client earlier today.
It depends on what the definition of the word is ... is.

/s

you tell me: 4 minute mark, Paul Allen show, August 5....

PJ has been over spinning this for so long, his head spins when he talks about it

you tell me: 4 minute mark, Paul Allen show, August 5....

PJ has been over spinning this for so long, his head spins when he talks about it
I listened. I guess I wouldn't interpret that as a literal statement. I think most people that follow the team knows what he was referring to.

In that same vein I would let Ben Johnson say his team has 2 players.

I listened. I guess I wouldn't interpret that as a literal statement. I think most people that follow the team knows what he was referring to.

In that same vein I would let Ben Johnson say his team has 2 players.
so the guy he was talking to now thinks he had four offensive linemen on the team when he got here?

even as a non-literal statement, it's miscommunication and disingenuous...the non-literal interpretation was that what he took over in his o-line room was horrible...actually it was one of the best units in 2017 and 2018 and three of the guys he was given (plus two blocking tight ends he was given) will be mainstays on his o-line in 2021...

What are his exact words though?

"We had 4 lineman" while vague, is not a lie. There were only 4 lineman available to practice/play when he became HC. Now, if he explicitly said "We had 4 lineman on the team/roster" then he's mispeaking/misrepresenting the situation.
Saying we had 4 on the roster isnt misrepresenting if he had 4 healthy linemen and that’s what he was talking about.

His job isn’t to make everyone think he said the perfect thing. Honestly if you want to complain about something with fleck complain about safety play, not his grammar

so the guy he was talking to now thinks he had four offensive linemen on the team when he got here?

even as a non-literal statement, it's miscommunication and disingenuous...the non-literal interpretation was that what he took over in his o-line room was horrible...actually it was one of the best units in 2017 and 2018 and three of the guys he was given (plus two blocking tight ends he was given) will be mainstays on his o-line in 2021...
I do agree with you that this is a miscommunication -- but this is quintessential Fleck. I remember being in arguments alongside Spoofin regarding many of Fleck's statements that require some sort of logical massage. It was a great room -- but when Fleck got here we literally only had 3-5 healthy lineman

Sorry you’re so offended about people who speak generally rather than literally. It must be a tough life!

“What time is it”
“It’s 10:30”
“It’s 10:27 you disingenuous liar”

Sorry you’re so offended about people who speak generally rather than literally. It must be a tough life!

“What time is it”
“It’s 10:30”
“It’s 10:27 you disingenuous liar”
Though I don't share swingman's level of concern with this statement -- I do agree with him that the statement could leave the listener with the notion that Claeys left him with 4 total lineman on the team; which is quite different than a mere 3 second difference as in your analogy.

As I remember, PJ had only four OL who were both available on campus and healthy enough to practice with full contact in his first spring practices (2017). I think you are being far, far more disingenuous than PJ by suggesting that Andries, JMS and Sassack, who enrolled at the U for the fall of 2017 were on the roster for spring practice in 2017. They weren’t; they were still in high school. And Ben Davis, according to 247, enrolled on June 2, 2017, after spring practice had concluded. Injuries aside—many on the roster were injured—Tyler Moore announced his transfer to Oklahoma Star on January 9, 2017, months before PJ’s 2017 spring practice commenced. Connor Mays transferred to TCU on March 29, 2017, making him unavailable for 2017 spring practice, too; his transfer was rumored well before that. When you accuse somebody of telling a little teeny fib, you undermine your credibility by offering “proof” that contains a number of far greater fibs.

Last edited:

Why are you so obsessed with this? You're like a lawyer who has no argument at all so they go over every word in the law and try and find something to hold onto.

Move out of your mom's basement and get a life.

Will be interesting if future recruits will say that they are vaccinated in an effort to earn a scholarship.
I'd expect they'd have to show proof, right? Or is my sarcasm meter not turned up high enough lol.

Though I don't share swingman's level of concern with this statement -- I do agree with him that the statement could leave the listener with the notion that Claeys left him with 4 total lineman on the team; which is quite different than a mere 3 second difference as in your analogy.
That's a 3 minute difference, you disingenuous liar. : - )

As for the listeners, if they didn't know enough about the team to know what PJ meant, does it really matter if they get the wrong "notion" about what Claeys left us with? Most likely, that level of fan probably doesn't even remember Claeys and thinks we went straight from Kill to PJ.

Crawling out of my Big Lake bunker ... I'm pretty upbeat on Gophers, hope we do well, glad people survived the past year, but it's just an endless bummer to hear people parse PJ's words looking for the smallest thing to debate when everyone knows perfectly well the intent of what is being said. Also, can we have a claes free year, like that guy is relevant for what's ahead with our season.
Retreating to my bunker...

You also started how many threads discussing how deep and talented the 2017 team was? Which is also miscommunication and disingenuous. It also wasn't one of the best units in 2017 and 2018.

They did only have 4 linemen able to participate in the spring game. Anything more a listener reads into that is on them not on the speaker.

I made 20k dollars at my current job in 2017. That doesn’t mean I only made 20k dollars in 2017. That doesn’t mean I only made 20k in 2018.

Top Bottom