PJ Fleck on beating Wisconsin after losing to Iowa: ...well we’ve beaten Wisconsin twice and you all wanted me fired last week.

His tweet specifically say "media", no reference to fan base.
Yes. Fleck wasn’t talking about media
You’re talking about Hartman.
I am talking about fleck

Some people wanted me fired
-fleck
No one in the media did
-Hartman

Both of those statements are true

The funniest thing right now is all the local media claiming nobody said that.
“No reputable media said that” - Chad Hartman

It’s like Chad, hate to tell you, there are more people in this world than “reputable media”
If reputable media doesn’t say it it means nobody said it?
The irony.

Some Guy--AKA The King Of Bad Takes--calls out Hartman for saying "The media didnt say that,"

And then in the NEXT PARAGRAPH accidently validates the media actually DIDNT say that.

LOL.

Yes. Fleck wasn’t talking about media
You’re talking about Hartman.
I am talking about fleck

Some people wanted me fired
-fleck
No one in the media did
-Hartman

Both of those statements are true
First rule of holes, sport...when you're in one, stop digging.

Don’t play the martyr. This was assuming we didn’t lose to a short handed Purdue, two years in a row of a rebuilding Illinois, and a woeful Iowa team. Indy this year was the last best chance we had. Expectations are higher now, than when you started.

Don’t play the martyr. This was assuming we didn’t lose to a short handed Purdue, two years in a row of a rebuilding Illinois, and a woeful Iowa team. Indy this year was the last best chance we had. Expectations are higher now, than when you started.
You think there will never be a chance again?
Lol
Why do you keep watching

"A short handed Purdue" At least the Gophers weren't missing anyone important for that game...

There's also this from the Madison paper:

Minnesota football coach P.J. Fleck told reporters in the visitors media room at Camp Randall Stadium that his wife, Heather, had purchased him 25th anniversary cigars and he was ready to enjoy one whenever he got home.

“I don’t care what time it is when we get home, smoke ‘em if you got ‘em,” Fleck said.

You’re probably more worried about it than he is
He is using a rhetorical device and you’re playing the game. Good job
Thanks! I'm playing what game? You think he said it so that we would all continue to think he was incredibly thin-skinned? Is that why he had eye lid surgery too? One big troll on his fans?

Give your head a shake, that's just an idiotic take.

Thanks! I'm playing what game? You think he said it so that we would all continue to think he was incredibly thin-skinned? Is that why he had eye lid surgery too? One big troll on his fans?

Give your head a shake, that's just an idiotic take.
You’re playing the rhetorical device game he wants you to play

He says something at the press conference to get people going.
Chad Hartman tweeting about it.
Chip scoggins tweeting about it.

Dan B will talk about it this week.

You’re playing the rhetorical device game he wants you to play
Yep, I got your attempted argument the first time, it's clearly not what is happening. If he really wanted everyone to think he was incredibly thin-skinned that would even be weirder than how thin-skinned he is.

Again, I understand your take, it's a really really bad one.

Yep, I got your attempted argument the first time, it's clearly not what is happening. If he really wanted everyone to think he was incredibly thin-skinned that would even be weirder than how thin-skinned he is.

Again, I understand your take, it's a really really bad one.
My take is he says stuff in press conference to get Hartman to tweet about the team. To get Dan B to do a segment on his press conference on Monday. And you bought into it

Heck, you can look at the threads on here, (I’m not going to name their titles), read the posts and many were thinking about a replacement. Doesn’t take much research.
Yeah and one had him leaving...Fleck is not going anywhere anytime soon. Plus he's got to move into the new place and sell the other two!

My take is he says stuff in press conference to get Hartman to tweet about the team. To get Dan B to do a segment on his press conference on Monday. And you bought into it
Yep, and I think passive aggressively saying things because your feels are hurt to get people to tweet about you is something a 12 year old girl does.

He isn't playing 4D chess with the media, he is just a sensitive fella. But you're right, he'll be ok.

Yep, and I think passive aggressively saying things because your feels are hurt to get people to tweet about you is something a 12 year old girl does.

He isn't playing 4D chess with the media, he is just a sensitive fella. But you're right, he'll be ok.
I think it takes a real man to insult a guys eye surgery and call him a 12 year old girl.
Kudos to you

Will you be okay? You seem pretty fired up that I think the coach will be okay?

I think it takes a real man to insult a guys eye surgery and call him a 12 year old girl.
Kudos to you
Thanks! Don't you see though, I just did it as a rhetorical device? Thanks for playing the game.

PJ's salary has been increasing from $3.5m a year when he started, to $5.1 at the end of his current extension, if what I read is accurate. It seems to reflect that standards, and expectations have been elevated.

As far as the small proportion of the Gopher fanbase calling for him to be fired, they no more speak for the whole than whoever told PJ and Heather that "just beat Wisconsin" would be sufficient. Irrelevant.

I doubt you will ever hear Bill Belicheck or Urban Meyer publicly airing out grievances after being criticized by fans or media. Save the martyr act for locker room pep talks and act like the face of the program, FFS.

Top Bottom