Pitino on Oturu's status: "We hope to decide by game time.”

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Oturu update

Gophers freshman center Daniel Oturu missed Sunday’s game with a shoulder injury, but his status for Wednesday’s Illinois game.

“We walked through stuff yesterday,” Pitino said. “He did a little bit of individual instruction. We hope to decide by game time.”

Oturu, who averages 10.2 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.7 blocks this season, scored 17 points and eight rebounds in the loss at Illinois on Jan. 16. His absence meant another big man had to step up Sunday. That presence came from 7-foot senior Matz Stockman, who had six points in the first half.

Stockman said he worked hard in practice to be ready to contribute if the Gophers needed him again. He hadn’t played before Sunday since the last Illinois loss.

“The past couple weeks everyone has been locked in at practice,” Stockman said. “We’ve been treating it like it’s an actual game. We’ve all been super focused. I think it came from that loss to Illinois. I knew whenever I got the opportunity I would be ready for it.”

http://www.startribune.com/too-cold...-illinois-despite-record-low-temps/505051532/

Go Gophers!!

Well if they haven’t decided by game time...will they wait until halftime or what?

I’m hoping we can handle Illinois without Oturu so he can be ready for Wisconsin. Stockman played well against Iowa, and they have very tough post players. I think Stockman is undervalued. He plays very sound defense and has skill on offense. We will need Oturu badly against Happ. If nothing, we will need the fouls to give. Might have to employ Hack-a-Happ again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could really use Dan against Illinois, the Illini are a terrible matchup for Matz

We could really use Dan against Illinois, the Illini are a terrible matchup for Matz

Even as well as he played that last time we faced them, I don't think the Georgian freshman center for Illinois is as tough of a matchup as Garza.

Pitino knew well before warmups he was playing. Said as much at the pregame thing. Must have been a weird injury to miss a game then be fine a few days later. Big help having him on the court!

Top Bottom