Pitino on Carr having a big opening game Wednesday: "He came back a different person. He wanted to take the next step. He wants to play in the NBA."

Carr looked the same to me, except more determined than ever to get his. Last year he only had one reliable teammate with whom to share the basketball (Oturu). This year, he has a bunch. Let's see if he adapts.

Carr looked the same to me, except more determined than ever to get his. Last year he only had one reliable teammate with whom to share the basketball (Oturu). This year, he has a bunch. Let's see if he adapts.
This is a sample size of one. Carr set a single season record in assists last year so we know he is capable. Once the D starts keying on him, he'll find a balance and dish.

This is a sample size of one. Carr set a single season record in assists last year so we know he is capable. Once the D starts keying on him, he'll find a balance and dish.
It's a sample size of approx 31 because we have to include last year. His high assist totals last year are meaningless because he had the ball in his hands all the time.

It's a sample size of approx 31 because we have to include last year. His high assist totals last year are meaningless because he had the ball in his hands all the time.

Your post said that Carr looked the same to you. So how exactly is it a sample size of 31? It's been one game....and he looked dominant.

Your post said that Carr looked the same to you. So how exactly is it a sample size of 31? It's been one game....and he looked dominant.
About 30 games last year plus one this year. His style of play hasn't changed. He looked dominant because it was an inferior opponent. I think he's a very talented player. I don't think he makes the team better. Last year it didn't matter as much because the only other impact player on the team was Oturu. This year there may be as many as five or six other impact players. If he dominates the ball like he did last year and Wed night, it will hurt the team.

About 30 games last year plus one this year. His style of play hasn't changed. He looked dominant because it was an inferior opponent. I think he's a very talented player. I don't think he makes the team better. Last year it didn't matter as much because the only other impact player on the team was Oturu. This year there may be as many as five or six other impact players. If he dominates the ball like he did last year and Wed night, it will hurt the team.

Frankly I am amazed this site isn't flooded with Carr threads at the moment based on how he has played in the first 3 games. I think as the season goes on the team will need a bit less from him but for right now he needs to put this team on his back and carry things.

After a quiet first half he dominated the second half and the dagger he hit to win the game was as clutch as it comes. His game has taken a big jump up and if the complementary pieces can gel over time this team has a shot to be pretty solid with Carr leading the way as the superstar.

Will be interesting to see how he fares against Big Ten competition but there is a lot to like in what he has done over the first 3 games.

Not on the Bob Cousy Award preseason list. What a joke.

Not to worry, if he keeps on playing like this he will find his way onto all those awards lists. And hitting a shot like he did last night to win it will really help bolster his resume.

I don't know how you can post this and not be seen as making a joke.

Classy of him to give the game winning credit to Gabe due to taking that big charge and hitting those free throws at the end.

Super classy. And despite Gabe's horrible shooting effort....he did make a few plays down the stretch. Hitting all six of his free throws was huge. We've lost way too many close games over the past few years due to poor free throw shooting. And I know that many teams go through the same thing....but that doesn't change the fact that free throws can be the difference between an NCAA and an NIT team.

He's really exciting to watch. I don't particularly think they will be a good team (hope I am incorrect), but tuning in to see him play is worth it.

"Carr wants to play in the NBA." - Captain Obvious

Great ballplayer. My only hope is that he can last. He just can't play that many minutes and stay fresh all season. Especially the way he plays, he expends a ton of energy on offense.

Someone has to step up. This kid can't do it on his own.

Frankly I am amazed this site isn't flooded with Carr threads at the moment based on how he has played in the first 3 games. I think as the season goes on the team will need a bit less from him but for right now he needs to put this team on his back and carry things.

After a quiet first half he dominated the second half and the dagger he hit to win the game was as clutch as it comes. His game has taken a big jump up and if the complementary pieces can gel over time this team has a shot to be pretty solid with Carr leading the way as the superstar.

Will be interesting to see how he fares against Big Ten competition but there is a lot to like in what he has done over the first 3 games.

It's because this site is unfortunately flooded with people who would rather complain then recognize any positive achievement. Carr has been fantastic so far.

Great ballplayer. My only hope is that he can last. He just can't play that many minutes and stay fresh all season. Especially the way he plays, he expends a ton of energy on offense.

Someone has to step up. This kid can't do it on his own.

I'm hopeful Mashburn, Jr. can spell him for 10-15 minutes a game. Also was clear in last night's game that Gach is being prepped as a second option to handling the ball. I noticed multiple possessions where Carr gave the ball to Both to be the primary dribbler. He looks good at it, too. Some more rest and another dribbling option will preserve gas in Carr's tank.

He may be the best guard since Bobby.

Top Bottom