Pitino Hired At Iona

to clarify for anyone freaking out over the headline -
Rick Pitino (aka the dad) was hired at Iona.
Rich Pitino (aka the son) is remaining at MN.

Rich's brother with the chicken suit has not been hired anywhere that I'm aware of.

It is clear that no one will have hired a better basketball coach this year than Iona. A power 6 school could not touch him but the guy is a great coach and one of the best listens after a loss you will ever hear.

The old man is crooked as a dog's hind leg.
Being a great coach does not cover a multitude of sins nor does his eloquence and erudition after a loss.
Why would only a school like Iona touch him?

And I might add rank hypocrisy, he made sure everyone knew he prayed the rosary when he was on a road trip. But when a bimbo with silicon boobs set him up in an Italian restaurant he has sex with her there, two weeks later she tells the naif she is with child, he tells her to get an abortion and gets the team manager to marry her and throws money at the problem.
The money is not enough for the pair so the blackmail Pitino and then he has to fess up.
The hypocrisy is a dime a dozen but it is his stupidity that is pathetic.
As a coach he paid strippers and whores to cross the river from Indiana to Louisville to entertain recruits and their guardians.
That was sort of bad but paying for sin from across a state line is a Federal offense.
That was also very stupid.

And I might add rank hypocrisy, he made sure everyone knew he prayed the rosary when he was on a road trip. But when a bimbo with silicon boobs set him up in an Italian restaurant he has sex with her there, two weeks later she tells the naif she is with child, he tells her to get an abortion and gets the team manager to marry her and throws money at the problem.
The money is not enough for the pair so the blackmail Pitino and then he has to fess up.
The hypocrisy is a dime a dozen but it is his stupidity that is pathetic.
As a coach he paid strippers and whores to cross the river from Indiana to Louisville to entertain recruits and their guardians.
That was sort of bad but paying for sin from across a state line is a Federal offense.
That was also very stupid.
Cheated starting in Hawaii and never stopped. Toxic at a power conference but Iona obviously does not care. They wanted a coach that wins.

If that is all that matters to a Iona University then Iona is not worthy of being called a university.
But they, unfortunately, are not alone.

If that is all that matters to a Iona University then Iona is not worthy of being called a university.
But they, unfortunately, are not alone.
It is disgusting. Makes it all the better when a clean programs wins it all outright. Just like each person has to decide how to conduct themselves.

I knew a girl from Ioana. She knew how but she didn’t wanna

Maybe we can get him to take some of the dead weight off our bench?

Maybe we can get him to take some of the dead weight off our bench?
If he takes 5 players off the current roster wouldn’t that leave Richard with 6 spring scholarships? Imagine what Richard, the ace in the hole spring recruiter, could do with that! If we add 3 Demir’s and 3 Brick Stull’s to the roster, I would imagine it’s a deep tournament run next March. Final Four anyone?

If he takes 5 players off the current roster wouldn’t that leave Richard with 6 spring scholarships? Imagine what Richard, the ace in the hole spring recruiter, could do with that! If we add 3 Demir’s and 3 Brick Stull’s to the roster, I would imagine it’s a deep tournament run next March. Final Four anyone?
You are sooo humorous, galty.

He'll have only two starters returning: Isaiah and a forward from the Netherlands. I watched Iona's two games (most of them anyway) in their conference tournament. Although Isaiah did well (for the most part), I think he was hampered by the team's very static style with little ball movement (made me appreciate the greater ball movement on our team). Their two leading scorers were very much one-one-one players. Iona's coach for most of the season was just a fill-in assistant. I think a new coach who knows a lot about the game will help their team offense.

Top Bottom