Pitino coming back

LOL. "They care about winning tournament games."

Pitino has won 1 NCAA game in 7 years.

And for the record, LOTS of Gopher fans care about the conference record.

Congrats, BTW, on the single most nonsensical post in recent GH history.

Not me, I remember some of the big B1G wins at the barn, the two NCAA wins in the last 20 years are blah, who cares.

I think Pitino has had a fair opportunity to show what he can do, and the results are less than overwhelming. Admittedly, the Gopher program is not a 'helmet' school when it comes to hoops.

I was ready to move on.

We will never know if corona changed Coyle's plans - or impacted whether other coaches were willing to take the job.

At a time of great national uncertainty, a case can be made for keeping with the status quo.

But - no more excuses masquerading as explanations. youth - injuries - suspensions - free throws...
don't want to hear it.

IMHO, Pitino needs to be at least .500 for the year and make a post season tournament. Bleep, I'll even take the NIT. This is Pitino's program and Pitino's roster. He has to own the results.

I think Pitino has had a fair opportunity to show what he can do, and the results are less than overwhelming. Admittedly, the Gopher program is not a 'helmet' school when it comes to hoops.

I was ready to move on.

We will never know if corona changed Coyle's plans - or impacted whether other coaches were willing to take the job.

At a time of great national uncertainty, a case can be made for keeping with the status quo.

But - no more excuses masquerading as explanations. youth - injuries - suspensions - free throws...
don't want to hear it.

IMHO, Pitino needs to be at least .500 for the year and make a post season tournament. Bleep, I'll even take the NIT. This is Pitino's program and Pitino's roster. He has to own the results.
I dont see how an NIT bid in his 8th season warrants an extension..An NCAA tourney appearance should be the bare minimum.

While we will never know perhaps we could not get anyone better Interested in coming to Minnesota. Do I remember right? Wasn't that how we came to take a chance on Pitino.
I don't buy this. The list isn't the same every year. There isn't a John Belein, Craig Smith and Eric Musselman etc. every time the job comes open.

LOL. "They care about winning tournament games."

Pitino has won 1 NCAA game in 7 years.

And for the record, LOTS of Gopher fans care about the conference record.

Congrats, BTW, on the single most nonsensical post in recent GH history.

This WriterGoph guy is one of the reasons I keep coming back.

The comedy is endless!

This WriterGoph guy is one of the reasons I keep coming back.

The comedy is endless!

I'm glad you're getting laughs. I feel like I'm providing a charitable service for you as its clear you don't have much to smile about otherwise.

NCAA announced that there are no recruiting visits or contacts until April 15. I assume that they can continue to phone and text. Looks like it is going to be a few months before rosters fill out and perhaps another reason for stability.
I'm guessing Shaka Smart and a few others also get their jobs saved by this.

I'm glad you're getting laughs. I feel like I'm providing a charitable service for you as its clear you don't have much to smile about otherwise.

The laugh is you being ok with Pitino being gone, and now that he is back, you pretend you are cheering for the gopher hoops team next year.

That's hilarious!

Not me, I remember some of the big B1G wins at the barn, the two NCAA wins in the last 20 years are blah, who cares.
To be clear, i think the tourney win was important but it was against a average ACC team. Sweet 16' are great but it means two wins in a tourney that is wildly unpredictable which is why you need to make it often and you do that with teams that are good over several months most years.

The laugh is you being ok with Pitino being gone, and now that he is back, you pretend you are cheering for the gopher hoops team next year.

That's hilarious!

Its not either/or, doof. I can be okay with a change and still be a fan of the team if there wasn't one. I'm a fan of the Gophers. I'm gonna cheer hard for them with whoever they have every year. Most people on here are the same. There are a very select few like yourself who have dug themselves such a deep anti-Pitino foxhole that your pride won't allow you to talk about anything else - much less actually enjoy anything good along the way.

Its not either/or, doof. I can be okay with a change and still be a fan of the team if there wasn't one. I'm a fan of the Gophers. I'm gonna cheer hard for them with whoever they have every year. Most people on here are the same. There are a very select few like yourself who have dug themselves such a deep anti-Pitino foxhole that your pride won't allow you to talk about anything else - much less actually enjoy anything good along the way.

So you were perfectly fine with him being gone and are a fan!

I was perfectly fine with him being gone also, and I'm not a fan. It's just I've been perfectly fine with it for years(I happen to be right which bugs the hell out you)

Again, where the hell do I go for entertainment like this anywhere else for free?

Try cheering for them next year, buddy! No need to defend yourself!

So you were perfectly fine with him being gone and are a fan!

I was perfectly fine with him being gone also, and I'm not a fan. It's just I've been perfectly fine with it for years(I happen to be right which bugs the hell out you)

Again, where the hell do I go for entertainment like this anywhere else for free?

Try cheering for them next year, buddy! No need to defend yourself!

The difference is you're not okay with him succeeding. That is a worst-case scenario for you. Your posting history supports that as - for years - your only topic is that Pitino needs to go. If Pitino took us to the Final Four next year, you'd be screwed.

The difference is you're not okay with him succeeding. That is a worst-case scenario for you. Your posting history supports that as - for years - your only topic is that Pitino needs to go. If Pitino took us to the Final Four next year, you'd be screwed.

Oh for sure. I watch all their games, go to two personally..........only to cheer against them.

If given the choice between 0 and whatever next year or winning it all..........I'm going with 0 for whatever

You are such a tool

I'd ask you the odds of going to the final four next year or a prediction of the gopher record, but you don't have the balls to answer either.

Lol...Well here in Reality-land the team will most likely not make the NCAA tournament...So there is no need to burden yourself with that scenario...Pitino should have been fired but because of the virus we will have to wait another year.

Oh for sure. I watch all their games, go to two personally..........only to cheer against them.

If given the choice between 0 and whatever next year or winning it all..........I'm going with 0 for whatever

You are such a tool

I'd ask you the odds of going to the final four next year or a prediction of the gopher record, but you don't have the balls to answer either.

The chances of going to the Final Four are very slim - but they are for most programs. Too early to predict a record when we dont know the roster or off-season development yet. That said, I HOPE we can win a lot of games, but also understand it could be a challenging year.

The chances of going to the Final Four are very slim - but they are for most programs. Too early to predict a record when we dont know the roster or off-season development yet. That said, I HOPE we can win a lot of games, but also understand it could be a challenging year.

So a challenging year this year, and expecting one next year. So what's your problem with me saying continuosly that we need a new coach?

Again, pure comedy!

So a challenging year this year, and expecting one next year. So what's your problem with me saying continuosly that we need a new coach?

Again, pure comedy!

Get some new material. That's it plain and simple

Again, pure comedy!

I also expect us to have a better year next year than this year.

Really close. They were in pretty much every game. Ken Pom has them at #27 in the Country? 27!!! Too many people are just looking at the record. I'm upset that they didn't do better. Coyle knows what he wants and he seems to like his coach right now.
I agree. We all are upset with the collapses at end, but we were in every game. Michigan state 2x and at iowa were not good. Penn state on road we were down 2 or 3 with 2 minutes to go. At Illinois we were down 2 with a minute to go. At wisconsin and purdue should have won. List goes on. In pretty much every game. Free throws here and there and finishing were in tourney. We weren't as bad as everyone seems to think.

This is a very unusual season in sports not just college BB.
The disruption gives the AD a chance to look carefully now and most of next season to find a replacement if he thinks it has to happen.
MN is not a sought after destination.
It was a step up for Monson, Tubby was run off of KY and no one wanted the job for the money offered but Pitino.

I agree. We all are upset with the collapses at end, but we were in every game. Michigan state 2x and at iowa were not good. Penn state on road we were down 2 or 3 with 2 minutes to go. At Illinois we were down 2 with a minute to go. At wisconsin and purdue should have won. List goes on. In pretty much every game. Free throws here and there and finishing were in tourney. We weren't as bad as everyone seems to think.
Contrast how coaching and player development count. WI was run of the court against MN but won the rest of the games. MN did not.

To be clear, i think the tourney win was important but it was against a average ACC team. Sweet 16' are great but it means two wins in a tourney that is wildly unpredictable which is why you need to make it often and you do that with teams that are good over several months most years.
“But it was against an average acc team”
Has anyone witnessed badger doing the same for Wisconsin? Beloved uva?????

Qualify every win in the ncaa?

badger the fraud.

Looks like both Pitino's are coming back, Rick Pitino headed to Iona

While we will never know perhaps we could not get anyone better Interested in coming to Minnesota. Do I remember right? Wasn't that how we came to take a chance on Pitino.

It is that sl%m@y lech%r Woody with his Villa Seven bs. He thinks Villa Seven will produce a lot of Shaka Smarts.

No offense against Richard, but he lacks in the recruiting department. I think the timing of his hire in his career is to soon. We missed out on a lot of players.

The Gophers were always seemingly a man or two short to get a good compliment of players. Granted, there has been unfortunate injuries. The lack of real depth was a killer.

You are such a tool

You do not cheer the right way, you can not follow other teams and coaches, we must play fast, winning at a slower pace is boring, in fact i've been told i am not a fan for telling a local recruit the truth when asked, i sit too much, i stand too much, Do not criticize the coaching record, pick only the few highlights. All of these are cause for losing your fan card which of course is fictional. You will need to fall in line or your feelings may get hurt by keyboard bullies that call you a fraud or a troll or something else they think causes you pain but will not engage in a actual discussion about actual facts that determine success or failure. If nothing else works you will get if, but, would have ,could have, close.

You do not cheer the right way, you can not follow other teams and coaches, we must play fast, winning at a slower pace is boring, in fact i've been told i am not a fan for telling a local recruit the truth when asked, i sit too much, i stand too much, Do not criticize the coaching record, pick only the few highlights. All of these are cause for losing your fan card which of course is fictional. You will need to fall in line or your feelings may get hurt by keyboard bullies that call you a fraud or a troll or something else they think causes you pain but will not engage in a actual discussion about actual facts that determine success or failure. If nothing else works you will get if, but, would have ,could have, close.
You are, indeed, a fraud.

Top Bottom