Pitino a salesmen

GopherNation

Reaction score
I love Pitino's swag. He has a nice mix of cocky and confidence mixed into who he is. I was indifferent on this hire, but after watching the press conference, I am jacked up. This guy will sell the young guys no problem. He sold me in a 30 minute press conference. I am excited to see what he does!

At the same time he has a humility and earnestness. And his foundation seems to be an enthusiasm for the game.

I love Pitino's swag. He has a nice mix of cocky and confidence mixed into who he is. I was indifferent on this hire, but after watching the press conference, I am jacked up. This guy will sell the young guys no problem. He sold me in a 30 minute press conference. I am excited to see what he does!

I agree. I watched the whole presser and was very impressed. Coach Pitino can communicate very well and has an infectious exuberance. I am buying in.

:clap::clap::clap:

Anthing is better than the dreary collection of personalities we've had at HC for the last few decades...

Anthing is better than the dreary collection of personalities we've had at HC for the last few decades...

I don't think of it as just anything. I look it as time to infuse new and young blood into the stuffed old man fraternity of coaches that the Big Ten has become. Beat them all, Coach Pitino, beat them all.

For now, his charisma is the key. Eventually, how the team produces on the court will become more important. However, we humans are a strange bunch. Most of us are yearning to follow a strong leader with charisma. Very few of us are natural leaders. Thus, we flock to people who have the leader personality with charisma. If you haven't figured it out yet, that is why Obama was elected. It certainly had NOTHING to do with his experience or accomplishments. He was bursting with charisma and smooth talk. He still can out-talk almost anybody in a debate. This is how most of our politicians get elected. Do you think most people have even a slight clue as to what most politicians really believe? Unfortunately not. This is why people flock to see movie stars and other "heroes". It's charisma (and looks). Unfortunately, the fact that many of these "stars" live lives of drug and alcohol abuse, multiple partners, are often in trouble with the law, and seem to generally be lousy role models doesn't seem to prevent us from practically worshipping them. It is all about charisma. If Pitino can talk a few key players into signing on to play at the U of M, he'll have a great jump-start. It doesn't take many good players to make a good b-ball team, and he knows that. He's starting out with a decent bunch of guys, so if he can supplement what he's starting with just a little, we're in business! ... Sorry about the politics soap-box... Thought it maybe illustrated my point...

For now, his charisma is the key. Eventually, how the team produces on the court will become more important. However, we humans are a strange bunch. Most of us are yearning to follow a strong leader with charisma. Very few of us are natural leaders. Thus, we flock to people who have the leader personality with charisma. If you haven't figured it out yet, that is why Obama was elected. It certainly had NOTHING to do with his experience or accomplishments. He was bursting with charisma and smooth talk. He still can out-talk almost anybody in a debate. This is how most of our politicians get elected. Do you think most people have even a slight clue as to what most politicians really believe? Unfortunately not. This is why people flock to see movie stars and other "heroes". It's charisma (and looks). Unfortunately, the fact that many of these "stars" live lives of drug and alcohol abuse, multiple partners, are often in trouble with the law, and seem to generally be lousy role models doesn't seem to prevent us from practically worshipping them. It is all about charisma. If Pitino can talk a few key players into signing on to play at the U of M, he'll have a great jump-start. It doesn't take many good players to make a good b-ball team, and he knows that. He's starting out with a decent bunch of guys, so if he can supplement what he's starting with just a little, we're in business! ... Sorry about the politics soap-box... Thought it maybe illustrated my point...

I am sorry, but your rant lost me about 1/4 thru because of the jumping topics. I am sure you had a lot to say, but I could not follow you beginning to end. But, I do have a reading disability.

After watching the press conference I want the season to start tomorrow. Can't wait.

"When in the course of human events..."

I can see Ritchie using his youth to create an attitude based "We'll show 'em" kind of recruiting theme. He will compare favorably against some of the more "mature" coaches with certain of the prospects. Be really interesting to see what he can do in the next few weeks prior to the next signing period.

At least we won't have too long to wait.

If you want to see an interesting contrast, go to Texas Tech's web site and watch Tubby's presser after watching Coach Pitino's.

After watching the press conference I want the season to start tomorrow. Can't wait.

I'm watching it right now and I'm right there with you, I'm extremely excited for the future of this program.

It's also amazing how much more confidence I (and I think many others) have in the Kaler/Norwood/Pitino triumvirate than the Bruininks/Maturi/Tubby triumvirate.

You must be a joy to live with.

I'm watching it right now and I'm right there with you, I'm extremely excited for the future of this program.

It's also amazing how much more confidence I (and I think many others) have in the Kaler/Norwood/Pitino triumphant than the Bruininks/Maturi/Tubby triumphant.

Even though I know you think I am a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#, I am going to agree with you. I have changed my tune on the hire. I originally was against firing Tubs (even though I thought he was not great) after an NCAA win. The more I see about Richard the more I like. I believe he will make the program better and within 2-3 years the Gophs should be challenging for the upper 1/4 (2-4th place) of the B10.

It's also amazing how much more confidence I (and I think many others) have in the Kaler/Norwood/Pitino triumphant than the Bruininks/Maturi/Tubby triumphant.
The word you're looking for is "triumvirate".

This post has been brought to you by dpodoll68.

Even though I know you think I am a *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#, I am going to agree with you. I have changed my tune on the hire. I originally was against firing Tubs (even though I thought he was not great) after an NCAA win. The more I see about Richard the more I like. I believe he will make the program better and within 2-3 years the Gophs should be challenging for the upper 1/4 (2-4th place) of the B10.

That's your first positive post ever; there may be hope for you after all.

I don't see anything negative in there - so it takes persuasion to get people to do more than they would do sitting on a couch. Nothing new there. As for the addictions - have a clue for you not a shortage of it outside the 'star class' too - that's human nature. Deal with it.

Per politicians? Like that's new or a surprise or even bad?

Enjoy the ride - Pitino is going to shake things up. It will work or it won't but one thing for sure - the games are going to be a whole lot more interesting. Lots of uncertainty at least for awhile and isn't that partially why we go? I do.

That's your first positive post ever; there may be hope for you after all.

well thats a bit of a stretch...I did predict 10 conference wins for the team this year, that turned out to be overly optimistic...:D

You have quite a few matter-of-fact statements in there that are actually either opinions or assumptions.

"Pitino a salesmen "

Wow, he is so talented that as a singular he is a plural.

Dr Ben Carson would destroy Obama in a debate, and this what we wish for has a rising probability of happening. It was so much fun hearing the good doctor rip Obama at the National Prayer speech, and Obama had to sit their and take it.

Top Bottom