PIRSIG WATCH

gophergrad

Reaction score
Matt O'Connell from GI just tweeted that Pirsig will be announcing his decision this week.

Jonah Pirsig confirms he will commit this week. He is not sure what day.

Let me be the first to say (a.) Welcome to the U Jonah! or (b.) nice knowing ya have fun at that sh!t hole called iowa city.

With offers going out to OT Brody and Callen, i say the coaches know it is not us....just a hunch....hopefully, I'm very wrong....

With offers going out to OT Brody and Callen, i say the coaches know it is not us....just a hunch....hopefully, I'm very wrong....

Gophers have absolutely no shot at Brodie, so that offer is more indicative of throwing something against the wall and hoping it sticks.

Callen is an interior lineman, so it's highly unlikely that his recruitment and Pirsig's have anything to do with each other.

I'm guessing Pirsig picks either Minnesota, Iowa or Wisconsin.

Callen doesn't have an offer. I was just on scout and I'm pretty sure what chitown is referring to is the two articles that recently went up about both Brodie and Callen. The teaser for Callen's article is that he wants an offer from the U, neither scout or rivals says he currently has one. As a nonmember i don't know if we just offered Brodie or if the story just happened to get published now. But I did have the same thought when I saw the article. Hopefully we're wrong.

Minnesota wants to bring in three lineman in the class. One is an interior guy in Hayes. The other two would be tackles, Pirsig and someone.

BTW - I know the general consensus...(hope) is for Pirsig to chose the U, but it is no guarantee. If he truly has made up his mind on the U, why the wait?

BTW - I know the general consensus...(hope) is for Pirsig to chose the U, but it is no guarantee. If he truly has made up his mind on the U, why the wait?

I've been telling y'all for a while now that Jonah is going to be a Gopher. I know things! It is a guarantee. Smile Gopher fans. Things are lookin up for you!

Davidson got his OSU offer, it's between them and a couple southern schools I believe he said.

Read somewhere that he was contacting every other school to call them and say thanks but no thanks. Might be a hold up due to that.

I think its funny Carlos claims Pirsig told him his decision was Minny already. If you were really friend of his I think you would have the courtesy to keep a secret and let the kid announce for himself. Therefore I dont believe a word you say.

I think its funny Carlos claims Pirsig told him his decision was Minny already. If you were really friend of his I think you would have the courtesy to keep a secret and let the kid announce for himself. Therefore I dont believe a word you say.

K whatever dude. And for the record, it isn't a secret around here. Lots of people know and Jonah didn't care who we told.

Ok well if he does choose Minny, you have my apologies but I have a hard time believing a cornhawks fan.

I wouldn't try to read too much into any of these so-called signs:
(1) Offering two more OL
(2) Waiting to confirm commitment

I don't think either of those events are indicitive of him being a Hawkeye/Badger or a Gopher. Like another poster said, he is wanting to call every other coach he considered and tell them in person that he isn't interested. At this point in the recruitment process, if they miss a call, they can't call back, so Jonah (and any other prospect) has to keep calling the coaches until he catches them. So that's why it sometimes takes a little while.

As far as Carlos, I don't know what to think. He is an Iowa fan and his name keeps reminding me of Carlos the Jackal, so I don't really trust anything he says. I don't want to call anyone a liar, but, I don't really think much of his prediction. I hope in a couple days I can sign on here to apologize to him for not entirely believing what he had to say, but i'm skeptical.

That said, lets go Jonah, make the right decision. You can join one of the better in-state classes this state has ever seen and 3ish years from now you can be on a Gopher team, dominated by MN kids, that is competing for something big.

Either way, good luck to ya. I said the same thing with Seantrel, i'm not going to blast a kid for not coming to the U. It would be disappointing, and I truley think it would be the wrong choice for him.

I totally understand where you 2 are coming from. Just know that it's not exciting for me that Jonah isn't coming to Iowa. I would love for him to be a Hawk. But he's not. He's a Gopher and I completely respect his decision and will root for him like crazy! I don't have the hatred for the Gophers that you guys do for the Hawkeyes. In fact 95% of Hawkeye fans don't hate the Gophers. Go to Iowa City and they'll talk crap about Wisky, Nebraska and tOSU, but never Minnesota. Personally I don't hate ANY B1G team. Notre Dame, Texas and the SEC is who I can't stand!

I totally understand where you 2 are coming from. Just know that it's not exciting for me that Jonah isn't coming to Iowa. I would love for him to be a Hawk. But he's not. He's a Gopher and I completely respect his decision and will root for him like crazy! I don't have the hatred for the Gophers that you guys do for the Hawkeyes. In fact 95% of Hawkeye fans don't hate the Gophers. Go to Iowa City and they'll talk crap about Wisky, Nebraska and tOSU, but never Minnesota. Personally I don't hate ANY B1G team. Notre Dame, Texas and the SEC is who I can't stand!

Then why doesn't he announce it?????

Carlos said:

Personally I am indifferent to every B1G team except Wisconsin ... I hope they lose every game they play

My experience has been different, that's for sure.

CORN JUICE EXCLAMATION POINT EXCLAMATION POINT ONE

I'm guessing Pirsig picks either Minnesota, Iowa or Wisconsin.

Talk about going out on a limb with a prediction! But I guess it is more gutsy than my saying either a team in the BIG 10 or some other BCS conference school ;-)

AMEN B1G Brother when it comes to the most hated teams ever... ND (the most over-rated program ever and we better never let them in our sacred conference), TX (the greedy SOBs will finish sinking the Big12 after A&M and OK bolt next year because they hate TX as much as we do), and the SEC (all trailer trash teams except odd duck Vandy). Always cheer for your team 1st, B1G teams 2nd, and everyone else last and especially ND, TX, and the SEC.

GO GOPHERS!

AMEN B1G Brother when it comes to the most hated teams ever... ND (the most over-rated program ever and we better never let them in our sacred conference), TX (the greedy SOBs will finish sinking the Big12 after A&M and OK bolt next year because they hate TX as much as we do), and the SEC (all trailer trash teams except odd duck Vandy). Always cheer for your team 1st, B1G teams 2nd, and everyone else last and especially ND, TX, and the SEC.

GO GOPHERS!

Now THIS guy gets it! Truer words have never been spoken. I'll be at the game in October. I'd like to buy you a beer or 12.

Now THIS guy gets it! Truer words have never been spoken. I'll be at the game in October. I'd like to buy you a beer or 12.

Careful MNGG1. He may want to have sex with you in the bathroom.

Actually, you said it before me so I should be buying you the beers but I'll tell you what, why don't we buy each other 12 beers and then this way we both drink for free.

Top Bottom