PiPress: Mbakwe to lend maturity, muscle to Gophers

Believe it. Don't believe it. It's up to you. This information is legit and will surface in the near future. And I'm not going to get into specifics - on the slim chance that it somehow goes away.

I guess more than anything else, I'm really curious to hear what your goal was/is in posting this information without providing any sort of verifiable details or facts?

You're qualifying this by saying it might go away, so let's say it does. What benefit came from this information and who benefited? Did it help Trevor in any way? No, it kicked dirt on him, even if you didn't include details. Did it help Gopher fans? No, if nothing comes from it, nothing changed. It basically just riled some people up and left others wringing their hands. Did it help you? No, because your credibility will be in question if nothing comes of it and you never supply any details.

OTOH, let's say it doesn't go away and it becomes a problem. What benefit came from this information and who benefited? Did it help Trevor? No, he was in trouble and someone reporting it here didn't change that - Coach Smith and the staff are more aware of such situations than anyone I would hope. Did it help Gopher fans? No, because most folks won't buy into it without details and/or sources, so until something official comes along all the original post does is create some speculation with fans experience varying degrees of belief in the original post. Did it help you? Well, I suppose you get to be "I told you so" guy and throw it back in some people's faces. I don't know what that gets you really though.

So, I ask you, what benefit does any of this ultimately serve anyone without providing anything more than the vague information you have?

Not all information, communication, conversation aspires to achieve some greater good.

At the same time, I'm not kicking dirt on him.

He's in some hot water. That's a fact.

Anyone who has read GH for some time knows that Facts34 has some inside connections. He's not always right but he has had some big scoops over the years. Let's hope he's wrong this time as we need The Trevor.

Let's hope this goes away and we don't end up with another Dominic Jones situation on our hands.

Bullshit. Mom knows Jenny's mom. Nothing is happening.

Give this a rest already.

Not all information, communication, conversation aspires to achieve some greater good.

At the same time, I'm not kicking dirt on him.

You can't expect people to believe you if you don't give them any real info. And he will be a Gopher this fall.

I recall a similar post regarding a gopher FB player..

Wasn't there a post a few months back regarding a Gopher FB player that was in hot water for knocking out another student? I can't remember who the player in question was, but as we can see nothing came out of that claim. So, I will not point fingers or gossip like the cast of Hills until I see something surface...

Let's hope it's nothing too serious, or nothing at all.

While we definitely need the tenacity and rebounding the Trevor will give us, I think we will still be a great team this season if we had to go it without him. It would mean that White, Williams, Sampson, Carter and Iverson all need to step it up. We have a lot of depth, and this wouldn't be a devastating blow.

Likely, unless this is something REALLY big, he wouldn't be out for the whole season. Likely, it would be just part, or maybe all, of our NC schedule. I can live with that.

All that being said, hopefully this is all stemming from some bad info.

Anyone who has read GH for some time knows that Facts34 has some inside connections. He's not always right but he has had some big scoops over the years. Let's hope he's wrong this time as we need The Trevor.

Over the years? The guy has 14 posts total. And from the looks of it, they're pretty mundane.

Over the years? The guy has 14 posts total. And from the looks of it, they're pretty mundane.

When GH switched formats pretty much everyone except those with really high post counts and those who requested to have their post count kept started back at 0.

Everyone is talking about how excited they are to see him play and you come in and post crap like this just to get everyone asking a million questions and worrying. Why break potential bad news with zero details? If you don't say anything, then everyone finds out when something actually happens. Then we at least aren't waiting and wondering how valid any of this is. When you say something like this you just get everyone anxious and piss people off.

parkinglotgopher sounds like he's right about why you posted this. Either you wanted to be able to say you told us so, or else you just didn't think about what you were doing and posted that simply because you knew some info and didn't think about the effects of posting something like that without releasing details.

Top Bottom