PiPress: MarQueis Gray rises to leadership role as Gophers' QB1

BleedGopher

Reaction score
"He has come up and he has figured out what those guys need to do and how to go about it," Limegrover said. "He organizes (workouts) and actually gets on their tails when they aren't there. In doing that, I think he really gained respect from his teammates. Everybody knows he's a great athlete, but there's more to being a good player and a good quarterback. He's putting the time in, and he's working to be a leader. Those are the intangibles that turn you into a great quarterback. I think he's on that track."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_18597725

Go Gophers!!

Queis has the opportunity to be an all-time fan favorite if he continues on this trajectory. I like just about everything I'm hearing.

Now, just win.

Preferably get that Damn axe too.

I can't help, but think of Quincy Lewis from my days at the U. He was one of the faces of the U at the time. Very much a fan favorite.

When a player was late or missed an early-morning workout the past three years, he answered to Weber. Now players answer to Gray. And Gray had better attendance for workouts than Weber.

Gophers offensive coordinator Matt Limegrover said Gray would stay so late studying video at the football complex that he had to be kicked out of the building.

If it were possible, I'd "like" this quote on Facebook.

I need to stop reading stuff like this, makin me get my expectations too high LOL

Wow he is staying so late the janitor is telling him to go home. lol. There is hope here
!!!!!!!!!!11

Every time I see an interview or read an interview with or about this kid, he impresses me more. I was saying two years ago that I wanted him to be the face and voice of this team and he is not disappointing.

Top Bottom