PiPress: "I want to build something special here," Richard Pitino says

Why does one need an incentive to donate? Just frikking donate if ya can!!!

A true donation is given anonymously. Otherwise it's just looking for an ego booster.

The point is that his $500 bucks won't make a difference, but 5,000 people giving a couple hundred bucks will make a difference. The chances of 5,000 people all making that choice on their own as individuals is near impossible. That is why they have fund raisers.

This morning on KFAN, Sludge asked when was the last time any coach anywhere said something interesting. And all I could shout back at the radio was, Richard Pitino, every day.

If we had better self esteem around here, we'd realize - and say - that when someone DOESN'T bolt for another place, it's because we ARE Minnesota. This is a good place to live and work.[/QUOTE]

NOt according to Diehard.......

I disagree. You don't need a big donation to start things off. If they get good interest with smaller donations they could go to a big donor and say "hey, all we need is another x million, you can be the hero and have your name all over it". Or as hungan said the matching with a big donor would be a good way to go too. I think true fans know how important training facilities are and there could be a significant number of $100-500 donations that would add up fast. The brick idea gophersiniowa mentioned is a good idea. Heck they could just advertise it when you re-new your season tickets. Put a box to check to add an extra $50 or $100 donation and say you will get a gophers t'shirt if you do or something. I'm with gophersiniowa. I am disappointed in the fundraising thus far. WE HAVE TO GET THESE FACILITIES BUILT! otherwise I see our football and basketball programs plateauing where they are now and never making that next big step.

I'm good with all that. I'm good with just getting some news on the damn thing too. I want that practice facility so we can stop talking about the goddamn practice facility.

The point is that his $500 bucks won't make a difference, but 5,000 people giving a couple hundred bucks will make a difference. The chances of 5,000 people all making that choice on their own as individuals is near impossible. That is why they have fund raisers.

where do the mandatory donations for season tix go?

Expanded Q&A:

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers/2014/05/18/gophers-basketball-richard-pitino/

I think we improved this year. We were playing our best basketball at the end.

It’s not just about playing harder. I think we got better at the end of the year. But the numbers don’t lie. They’ve got to improve. If they don’t, we’re probably going to be in the same spot we were (this past season).

This was the most refreshing part about the past year. We were better at the end of the season than we were at the beginning. When was the last time we could say that? I also love the fact that Pitino is sweating the details. It is that attention to details which will turn our program into a perennial NCAA tourney team and sweet 16 team.

Top Bottom