PiPress: Chris Streveler sticking to quarterback

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

The Chris Steveler H-back Experiment appears to be over.

The Gophers have been looking for more ways to get their backup quarterback on the field, which included Streveler playing some of the hybrid tight end/fullback position in preseason camp.

"I think right now we are focusing more on him as a quarterback," tight ends coach Rob Reeves said. "We've put his packages together and things that he can do as a quarterback and as an athlete."

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_28829604/gophers-football-chris-streveler-sticking-quarterback

Go Gophers!!

I'm now convinced Croft will play on Saturday.

Hopefully, this would be an opportunity to let Streveler and maybe Perra throw a bit, but I fear the Gophers will run all day - and there will still be no real back-up if Leidner is ever hurt.

Hopefully, this would be an opportunity to let Streveler and maybe Perra throw a bit, but I fear the Gophers will run all day - and there will still be no real back-up if Leidner is ever hurt.

Hope it's different but your fear I believe is the odds on favorite. Maybe now we can be wrong after saying it.

Streveler played multiple snaps at WR yesterday. Or maybe he was a TE split out wide. Either way, he was out there blocking and even ran a few routes.

Top Bottom