Pioneer Press

Does Brewster have money problems? I know he makes about a $1M a year but a lot of these guys run into problems. And it isn't like he made much before he came here.

No, not at all ... my understanding is that when the real estate market was hot, he did well when selling his houses in his previous stops, especially North Carolina.

No, not at all ... my understanding is that when the real estate market was hot, he did well when selling his houses in his previous stops, especially North Carolina.

I bet Reusse would say he sold the sizzle not the house.

I posted this in another thread as well but it bears repeating. Lou Nanne, on KFAN, essentially confirmed what Doogie said about Brewster having friends of his check with Kansas to see if they had any interested in him.

I posted this in another thread as well but it bears repeating. Lou Nanne, on KFAN, essentially confirmed what Doogie said about Brewster having friends of his check with Kansas to see if they had any interested in him.

I heard that, too. But then who is making all these calls to Maturi that he referred to? Not the media -- sounds like Marcus and one paper in Kansas were the first in the media to mention this. And Maturi made the comment about getting these calls about Kansas to Marcus when he called the first time.

All is a loose term, but Marcus's call today was not the first that Maturi had heard of these rumors.

With some inside knowledge

From my little birdy. Marcus called Maturi just to have a chat and to talk about the state of the program. From what I heard, it was Maturi who brought up the whole Kansas job rumor to Marcus. I heard Marcus didn't ask about the Kansas job to Manturi until he started talking about it.

You can read into anything. But I think Maturi called Brewster's bluff, and now the situation has gotten a whole lot more interesting and messy. It's out there now, and it would seem it's Brewster's turn to respond.

If I were Brewster I'd leave Minnesota for the first team that offers me a job. Why would he stay here? He's the only coach in 40 years that dares to talk Rose Bowl and he gets criticized for it. He brings some enthusiasm into Dinkytown and gets mocked for it. Not even done with his 3rd season, and 2 bowl games, and everyone questions where his recruits are. The guy never gets a break.

Brew would be perfect in Kansas. Closer to Texas for his recruiting.

Well, he's not the first in 40 years. Anybody remember the Joe Salem billboards scattered around town? Last thing I heard Salem say was, "I just don't know what to do anymore."

If there is an offer out there for Brew I think he has to take it. Things won't be better next year and if Maturi can't extend him now he won't next and it's over. Best to take the lack of comittment as a clear signal to start over somewhere else with a fresh four years.

Agreed.

Top Bottom