Pioneer Press says the Eric Curry is back...

laazrakit

Reaction score
“My body, it just recovered, I guess,” Curry said Wednesday afternoon. “It was great.”

well, everyone heals differently. some guys have an operation, and they're as good as new in a few months. other guys have the same operation, and they're out for a full year.

In Curry's case, with the accumulation of injuries he had, the healing process might have just taken longer, or he found some new or more effective types of therapy.

I just hope he can have a healthy and reasonably productive season. In my book, anything he does this year is a bonus.

Honestly, I did not think that Curry had as high of a ceiling as others felt after his Freshman year. But I can still want to see him have a good year.

Kind of sus that he literally retired, and is now "back". We will see on the court this year, but why would he hang it up if he had regained his previous form? I am hoping he kills it this year, but I'd be surprised to see much improvement over what he gave us last season.

He was still going to be in school and involved with the team, just not playing, right?

If you're going to be at all the practices, meetings, and games anyway ....

I mean, so I get it. But yeah, what you said I think applies well.

Kind of sus that he literally retired, and is now "back". We will see on the court this year, but why would he hang it up if he had regained his previous form? I am hoping he kills it this year, but I'd be surprised to see much improvement over what he gave us last season.
I think he was eyeballing being on 'Bachelorette', but then saw JC took the Minnesota Gopher basketball player slot on the show, so then he came back because he had nothing better to do.

Hopefully Curry doesn't lead the team in scoring and/and or rebounding...

He was still going to be in school and involved with the team, just not playing, right?

If you're going to be at all the practices, meetings, and games anyway ....

I mean, so I get it. But yeah, what you said I think applies well.
Not faulting Curry for giving it another run in any way, if I were him I would definitely give it a go.

I was most disappointed last year with his effort defensively at the end of the year. Hopefully defensively he is better. I think he may have been mentally checked out by then. I don't expect anything more otherwise. This will likely show who is mentally engaged/"tough" because I expect a lot of losses but they will need to be engaged to squeeze out the wins they can so the home stretch will be most telling.

If Curry is feeling good, he is a possible all conference guy. His frosh year he looked really good on a good team. My guess he will have to be the man on this years team.

I say they make him the center of the offense and really give him a chance to shine. We will lose 20+ games regardless, might as well give him some shine.

I say they make him the center of the offense and really give him a chance to shine. We will lose 20+ games regardless, might as well give him some shine.
Wouldn't we rather get TT some experience? Or are we redshirting him this season?

just thinking out loud, but I wonder if the change in coaches had something to do with his decision.
it may be that Ben Johnson is a better "fit" for Curry than the previous coach.
He was ready to hang it up and was already named a grad assistant coach for this year's team under Johnson. A roster with no front court depth and his commitment to helping the team are what brought him back. Pitino was very good to Curry last year, he played him way too much. Maybe he wasn't in the mix to begin with, and after some things fell through there was enough of a role to make it worth his while to join this year's team as a player.

Top Bottom