Pioneer Press: Badgers held concern about ‘that team’ getting the Axe last year

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

Wisconsin linebacker T.J. Edwards admitted the thought of the Gophers ripping away Paul Bunyan’s Axe crossed his mind when Minnesota staked a 17-7 halftime lead over the Badgers at Camp Randall Stadium last November.

“It’s the last thing you want to see: that team go grab that Axe,” Edwards said Monday at Big Ten media days.

Fellow Badgers linebacker Jack Cichy — a Hill-Murray grad but lifelong Wisconsin fan — was sidelined with a torn pectoral muscle and felt like he was on the “razor’s edge” in trying to be positive yet constructive with his teammates in the locker room at the break.

Cichy, a Somerset, Wis., native, was literal in describing what the rivalry means to him. “That game definitely hits close to home,” he said.

Cichy, who was also named Monday as one the Big Ten West’s five players to watch this season, said he’s eyeing the Badgers’ trip to TCF Bank Stadium in the regular season finale Nov. 25.

“I’m definitely going to try to make it there and not get kicked out,” the senior said. “…I know that I will have a lot of family in for it. I grew up 40 minutes from The Bank, so it’s a big deal. It’s always fun.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/24/badgers-held-concern-about-that-team-getting-the-axe-last-year/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom