Pics of Pitino's home in Edina

Interesting that the Pitinos purchased a home in the Hopkins school district. People in that neighborhood have fought for years to be annexed into the Edina school district but the Hopkins school board, and rightfully so, is loathe to give up the property tax base those homes bring to the their district. Moot point I guess if their kids go the private school route. On the other hand maybe Pitino will benefit from learning how to recruit from the local master Ken Novak....

Interesting that the Pitinos purchased a home in the Hopkins school district. People in that neighborhood have fought for years to be annexed into the Edina school district but the Hopkins school board, and rightfully so, is loathe to give up the property tax base those homes bring to the their district. Moot point I guess if their kids go the private school route. On the other hand maybe Pitino will benefit from learning how to recruit from the local master Ken Novak....

Is this the neighborhood by Interlachen or Vanvulkenburg?

almost all kids that live in that area of edina are open enrolled in the edina public school system, i don't know of a single person that lives in that area and actually does go to hopkins, Pitino will have no problem getting his kids into the edina schooling system, and yes it is by Interlachen and Vanvulkenburg

Any additional comments beyond general thoughts on Pitino's house will be deleted. We encourage a 30 year vs. 15 year mortgage debate in all its glory to be discussed on the OT Board.

My 'general thought' is that I am surprised that there is no basketball hoop nailed to the space above the garage door. If he truly took out a 30 year mortgage he should be able to afford at least a hoop without a net?

A house is never a good investment nor should it be considered one.

When did you go upside down? Six months after you bought it? Ooooowww. Should have paid attention to the home inspection notes about the shifting foundation. Not to mention the ridiculously inflated market.

A house is never a good investment nor should it be considered one. Unless of course Rich isn't happy with his salary and plans on renting those rooms out to make some extra cash. I bet he is a financial prodigy as well!

Not true. The real estate market typically builds in value, and unlike rent, you build equity, or if you buy outright, have equity. AKA, it's better than rent which is simply an expense. There is a tipping point depending on your long-term objectives and the amount you pay in your mortgage versus what you would pay in rent.

Nice place, but I would never live in Edina. I don't need to pay a premium for the privilege to live there, nor would I want my kids to grow up with those entitled kids. I went to school long enough to confirm everything bad you've heard about Edina is true. People even drive like they're entitled in Edina. Terrible drivers.

What premium? Their taxes are lower than most cities. And how stupid to call every kid in Edina entitled.

what a worthless thread/topic. why is something rediculous like the purchase of a home even on the Gopher Basketball forum. Irrevelant to anything concerning basketball.

what a worthless thread/topic. why is something rediculous like the purchase of a home even on the Gopher Basketball forum. Irrevelant to anything concerning basketball.

You're not that familiar with this forum, are you?

Well it is a nice home built in 2001 in the Parkwood Knolls neighborhood off of highway 169 by a friend of mine. His father even named the street after his daughter another friend of mine.

Nothing is Irrelevant on GopherHole except for posts calling something Irrevelant.

Isn't there some type of initiation we are supposed to put him through?:cool02:

I think so. Let's challenge him/her to open and maintain for one week, a thread on the OT taking a federally funded, pro-abortion stance and defend it as inherent to the authority of the teachings of Jesus Christ.

I think so. Let's challenge him/her to open and maintain for one week, a thread on the OT taking a federally funded, pro-abortion stance and defend it as inherent to the authority of the teachings of Jesus Christ.

I was going to suggest he spend the week with Dr. Don...if he survives and is sane after, he's in. But that might be cruel and unusual punishment.

I challenge rsgopher to try beat dpodoll in anything "Irrevelant to anything" .

dpodoll would wrap the pup into a new level of Boy Scout knots.

I was going to suggest he spend the week with Dr. Don...if he survives and is sane after, he's in. But that might be cruel and unusual punishment.

But...but..if he's sane, do we really want him?

Top Bottom