Pick me up!

TCF=UnitedWeStand

Reaction score
Somebody please make me feel better about my favorite college football team. I'm down on the coach, down on recruiting, down on the UM students for their lack of attendance at games, down on the off-the-field issues involving our players, down on the recent loss of a couple of potential recruits, and losing Henderson to Iowa (not losing Henderson, but losing him to IOWA!) would about put me over the edge.

Somebody pick me up... please.

They haven't lost in weeks

They're about to play a great, tremendous up and coming program in a tremendous widely-anticipated Bowl Game that tremendous fans accross the country are looking forward to!

They're about to play a great, tremendous up and coming program in a tremendous widely-anticipated Bowl Game that tremendous fans accross the country are looking forward to!

this was my "favorite" quote from the Brew in today's paper. It can't be made up.

I was going to say huffing glue always works for me. But howeda seems to have beaten me to it.

Polk High

TCF,

If the quarterback play gets any worse I'm making a comeback. I may be famous for scoring four touchdowns in one game, but throwing the ball is what I liked best. Have you ever noticed how I pose with a throwing motion when asked about that game where I scored four touchdowns?

TCF,

If the quarterback play gets any worse I'm making a comeback. I may be famous for scoring four touchdowns in one game, but throwing the ball is what I liked best. Have you ever noticed how I pose with a throwing motion when asked about that game where I scored four touchdowns?

But, I was open downfield and you missed me . . . by THAT much!

We have some really nice looking under classmen. Think of how many kids we're still waiting to see that red shirted or are three deep that have great upsides. Cooper, Dandridge, McKnight, Carter, Gray, Alipate, Hageman, Jacobs, .... it goes on and on. In two years, every player will be athletic like these guys, and experienced. Think about that. Look at aour great OLine recruits, think about what that can be in a few years. We have never seen a team as talented as the one we'll see in two years in gopher uniforms unless you're in your sixties and can remember the Championship years. That get's me excited.

Here, I'll try to cheer you up a little bit:

Two years ago, we were 1-11, the worst we could possibly have been. We were REALLY bad, like epically bad. Whether Brewster is to blame really is beside the point, we were one of the worst teams in Division 1 football. Our one win was at home against Miami, and not the good one lol. It looked like we were probably three years away from even making a bowl at all, that's how bad we were. We played our rivals tough, but that was about it.

Fast forward to now, we are 6-6, bowl eligible and played one of the tougher schedules in the country. We beat three bowl teams, and really, beat ourselves against another (Wisconsin) and obviously messed the bed against Illinois. We've had our ups and downs, there's been questionable coaching decisions, there's been drive killing penalties, there's been iffy QB play, iffy line play, and iffy RB play. Through all of that, we won 6 games, and really, only one was a cupcake victory (though it was turned into a nailbiter). If you told me after that 1-11 season that we would be able to win 6 games with the schedule we had this year, I may not have been happy, but I think I would have accepted that "progress". After the 7-1 jump last year, expectations were raised despite no real quality victory amongst all of those wins (Illinois was decent tho). The team overachieved last year, even with the five game skid to end the year. Most called 5,6 wins, they won 7. Now we take on our toughest schedule in years and most call 5-7 wins. We won 6. Not great, not even necessarily good, but I think it was an acceptable year to win that many.

Many cite our offensive issues, and that's completely valid, but if we're all about results, then I see we won 6 games, and actually had some real live quality wins this year, something that we haven't had since '06. If you really look at it, and it's hard to believe, but that Northwestern victory on the road this year, might have been our best win since 2005 when we won @ Michigan. I can't remember the last time we beat an 8 win team, seriously, and it's possible we could beat two of them if Air Force picks up a bowl win. So this season has had some great positives come from it, along with some negatives, which makes sense when you are 6-6.

Hope that helps lol.

We have some really nice looking under classmen. Think of how many kids we're still waiting to see that red shirted or are three deep that have great upsides. Cooper, Dandridge, McKnight, Carter, Gray, Alipate, Hageman, Jacobs, .... it goes on and on. In two years, every player will be athletic like these guys, and experienced. Think about that. Look at aour great OLine recruits, think about what that can be in a few years. We have never seen a team as talented as the one we'll see in two years in gopher uniforms unless you're in your sixties and can remember the Championship years. That get's me excited.

schnoodler continues to make good sober practical points. Let's not forget the great talent in the pipeline, or the fact that Minnesota has more speed and talent on D than we have ever seen.
Also, there's this new stadium this year which is an elite facility that will pay dividends on the recruiting trail and on gameday for a very long time to come.

The present seems a bit murky, but the future is bright. Expect this team to play on New Year's Day in 2011. :clap:

Top Bottom