Pick a Former Gopher to Replace Pitino, who ya got?

Not that I'd suggest him for HC, but does Quincy have coaching experience? Would he be a decent assistant coach?
Are we just picking random Gophers out of a hat now? Why not Hoffarber or Winter, who are both in the business world and I'm sure wouldn't mind dropping everything to get into the grind of coaching?

Are we just picking random Gophers out of a hat now? Why not Hoffarber or Winter, who are both in the business world and I'm sure wouldn't mind dropping everything to get into the grind of coaching?
Ha forgive me if my post was that far out there. I don't follow basketball that closely but thought I recalled Quincy having some coaching experience (maybe it was just training individuals).

Ha forgive me if my post was that far out there. I don't follow basketball that closely but thought I recalled Quincy having some coaching experience (maybe it was just training individuals).
I suppose that's possible. I think he's in some kind of educational field. (He was on the CEHD alumni board at the same time my wife served, so he has an education or human-development degree of some sort--which I suppose are popular majors for coaching.)

Last edited:

Bobby Jackson - Player Development Coach for the Sacramento Kings.

We could use some Development around here.

I'm firmly in the Brian Dutcher camp... but Ben Johnson is close to being ready for a shot. He's an associate head coach at Xavier, and from all accounts, he's a good recruiter. Born in Minnesota, and a graduate of the U of MN... so he's got them connections that everyone is talkin' about, too.

Top Bottom