Pick 1 double-digit seed to win Thursday

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
You can only pick one double-digit seed to win today. Which one is it going to be? I'll start us.

#10 Michigan over #7 Clemson

If #12 Western Kentucky plays man-to-man, I'll take them over #5 Illinois. Heck, even if they don't, I bet Illinois lays an egg.

13 Mississippi St
over
4 Washington

or

10 Maryland
over
7 Cal

The Miss.St. thing is probably just the recency of their run in the SEC tourney, but Varnado is an impressive player. Plus I'm not big on the P10. I really wish the Gophs would've gotten the 10-7 matchup with Cal in KC.

This isn't a vintage Texas team (let #4 shoot anytime he wants)

Gophers certainly shouldn't fear Texas. It's an OK Texas team, but not nearly as good as recent vintage.

Their Turkish PG (#4 Dogus Balbay) is one of the worst outside shooters I've ever seen in the D-I ranks, save for Doug Gottlieb from the FT line. The Gophers will absolutely sag off this guy & dare him to shoot anything other than a layup.

Has attempted only 3 treys (missed all 3), shoots 45% from the FT line & the only thing he can make is a layup. He looks like he'll crap his pants any time he has a clear look. If #4 starts out hitting a couple shots for the Longhorns, that's a sign it's going to be a long day for the Gophers.

You and your rules. :p

Just so I have the highest seed upset:

13 Mississippi St.
over
4 Washington

Arizona. Vegas says pickem, who am I to argue?

There is a #10 seed in the East that I will be cheering for as well. Last time we faced R. Barnes at the helm (Clemson) it was thriller...and a W. OT and a win would be fine with me.

I agree with the Western Kentucky pick.
Some of my friends would be upset that I didn't pick Northern Iowa, but I think Purdue will win that one going away.

Is it too late to put in a vote for Northridge? They're making a heck of a game out of it.

oops. my bracket doesn't have dates on it.

these are my double digit winners from the first round, pick the one you like best:D

Gophers :cheer:
miss state
usc \
clev. state
wisconsin
VCU
WKU
Temple

Top Bottom