Phil Miller blog: Gophers hope to have coach 'by the holidays'

Just my own opinion, but I won't be upset about the timeline unless I am disappointed by the hire.

Just my own opinion, but I won't be upset about the timeline unless I am disappointed by the hire.

I agree with this - I would rather have a good coach in a few weeks than another Brewster right away. I guess if you are going to fire Brewster mid-season, then you should have a coach sooner rather than later, though. Otherwise, they probably would have been better off letting Brewster coach the rest of the season because they could have been working behind the scenes to get his replacement and gotten their man in the same amount of time.

Why do I get the feeling this will end up being as big of a fiasco as almost every other Gopher football coach search committee that I can remember?

Because you're a Minnesotan?

And therefore, by definition, a pessimist?

My holiday season begins tomorrow. If we had a coach by Friday, I would be shocked. In two weeks, relieved. In one month, wowed. If in January, insanity would finish me off. :eek:

If everyone can sit tight until Monday the 29th they'll feel better. A significant number of candidates will be done on Saturday, once we start asking for permission to talk to prospects, there will be leaks at the other end. We will then be able to pacify ourselves by checking into the veracity of the rumors that will start. Other candidates will be available a week later. I expect the entire process to be done by the 17th.

Haven't you guys ever heard of "underpromise and overdeliver"?

Man, this administration just can't win with some of you people.

I have heard of this.
Nobody at the U of M has except for Tubby Smith. T
hey promised a Tubby Smith-like hire. They said Brewster would be good.

If they are trying this method, it is about time. But it would be a first, so excuse me if I don't assume that is what they are doing.

Top Bottom