Phil Fulmer ?

curlingdude

Reaction score
It seems that the coaching possibilities range from pie in the sky (Dungy, Gruden) to finding a diamond in the rough at a mid major. What about someone like Phil Fulmer who has been there and done that. He knows what it is like to run and coach a big time football program (and he has a national title under the belt). If I remember right, he was known as a solid recruiter as well. I guess I don't know his age or if he would take it, but I always thought the guy knew what he was doing and he certainly has the experience. Thoughts ?

Fulmer also believes he will coach again in the future. He is looking to establish himself at a well-established school. "Somebody that's committed to winning championships and being the best that they can be, with a chance to compete in a conference that's nationally recognized. I'm not going to go walk into a door somewhere that you have no chance to be successful."

Well, that last sentence might rule us out in his mind.
Fulmer is 60 years old, FWIW.

phil-fulmer.jpg

He Must be talking about Brewster.

I don't mind names like Phil Fulmer, Tommy Bowden, etc. The real person of this ilk that is my #1 is Mike Belotti. He is like a combo of the pie-in-the-sky with an older experienced type coach. The guy stopped coaching Oregon to be the AD and he hated that job and has come out and said he would like to coach again. It would probably take some serious coin and we'd have to talk him into leaving the west coast, but he would be slam dunk.

Top Bottom