Peter Westerhaus

What is the over under on this Minnesota kid being an All American or even All Big Ten player?

does he have to be? I mean cripes is every player ever recruited all big ten or an all american?! i think he will be a great role player to say the least, and thats the minimum. He may even surprise us and maybe turn into a solid starter like Nate Triplet. I like signing home grown talent that WANTS to play here and not in the "greener" pastures! Kudos to committing Peter! Look forward to seeing you play down the road!

this is a very solid recruit. Congrats to both Westerhaus and the Gophers. We will be thankful for what he added to this program when he graduates.

I'll set the over/under at 3.5. Sorry bankonit, but it really bothers me when people misuse the 'over/under' term. You can only do over/unders when dealing with numbers...such as "the over/under for wins this year for the Gophers is set at 4.5." So you could then bet over that number or under that number. Betting on Westerhaus' chances at being an All-American would require odds...such as 20-1 or so.

Not a very physical kid. Watch him on defense, how often does he take on a blocker? Remember folks thats Minnesota AAA football.

How long will it be before we lose him to his pending Notre Dame offer?

FYI--Notre Dame already has the top TE prospect in the Midwest (Ben Koyack) committed.

does he have to be? I mean cripes is every player ever recruited all big ten or an all american?! i think he will be a great role player to say the least, and thats the minimum. He may even surprise us and maybe turn into a solid starter like Nate Triplet. I like signing home grown talent that WANTS to play here and not in the "greener" pastures! Kudos to committing Peter! Look forward to seeing you play down the road!

Of course every player is not All American or all Big Ten, but when you recruit a player you should be able to evaluate the guy and decide if he can be the best player in the Conference at his position. If you can't see him being the best player at his position then why recruit him? You should never recruit role players, recruit the best athletes you can and some will not reach expectations and they then become your role players.

What is the over under on this Minnesota kid being an All American or even All Big Ten player?

Do you understand gambling? I think you are looking for the odds not the over/under.

Of course every player is not All American or all Big Ten, but when you recruit a player you should be able to evaluate the guy and decide if he can be the best player in the Conference at his position. If you can't see him being the best player at his position then why recruit him? You should never recruit role players, recruit the best athletes you can and some will not reach expectations and they then become your role players.

You need to put down your copy of Madden/NCAA Football and join the real world. Jeesh.

You need to put down your copy of Madden/NCAA Football and join the real world. Jeesh.

I agree, bankonit is very delusional on how recruiting works and how teams are constructed and replenished. I wonder what the over under is on bankonit being a young teenager who doesn't know anything more about football other than what he learns from EA Sports and watching it on TV. Of course you dont recruit a kid to just be a role player. You hope he can develop into a very good player and an all big ten selection. However, at the very least, teams recruit players who will serve their system well by playing into the strengths of the playbook, therefore displaying the strengths of the player. Not all players are superstars and will be able to gel into just about any system due to them being so talented that it doesn't matter what their strengths and weaknesses are. The guys brought in to play into a certain system will, usually, at the very least become very good role players that do their job well and just about any job asked of them.

You recruit players to help your team get better. If you're only going to recruit players who you think will be All American or All Big Ten, you're not going to help your team out, because you're not going to get too many of them.

Do you understand gambling? I think you are looking for the odds not the over/under.

bankonit, here's an example of an over/under situation:

- How many threads will bankonit hijack today? The over/under is currently 3.

Top Bottom