Pete Carroll the next head coach of the University of Minnesota football team...

gophergv

Reaction score
after he fails with the Seahawks. Maturi makes the hire and then retires. Gophers make it to 2013 Rose Bowl. Crazy but just could happen.

I don't think he'll fail with the Seahawks, though it will take time to rebuild their line and to infuse that team with the talent to make them competitive (even in the NFC West). Were he to fail he'd have his choice of whatever top tier jobs were available, he wouldn't need a rehab job like Minnesota. Not to denigrate the program but we're not Florida, Notre Dame, USC, et al.

... and then the Gophers hire Apollo Creed to replace Joel Maturi

Idiots

why would you think, even jokingly, that a coach of carroll's magnitude would come to a university that had an opportunity to hire 3 coaches just 3 years ago that have taken other division 1 positions and we chose brewster a coach (and i use that word lightly) with absolutely no coaching experience knowing full well we were moving into the first new big ten stadium since 1960?

I have been a staunch gophers supporter since 1965. my family and i travel every year to watch the gophers play. so before any criticism comes my way stick it.

after he fails with the Seahawks. Maturi makes the hire and then retires. Gophers make it to 2013 Rose Bowl. Crazy but just could happen.

That's about as likely as Dr Don not going to Wal-Mart anymore.

That's about as likely as Dr Don not going to Wal-Mart anymore.

Well be careful and don't make a bet on this. it's my understanding for some reason that there is a severe wallet shortage in the Fargo Moorhead area.

If he is the Seahawk hire how long will he get to infuse new talent into that system? Three Years?
:)

If he is the Seahawk hire how long will he get to infuse new talent into that system? Three Years?
:)

Seeing as how he can bring in free agents and trades and doesn't have to physically develop kids into men, three should be enough to show he's on the right track. College, as we know, is a five year process.

Sorry Schnoodler I guess I should have used the sarcastic smiley. My bad.

There is an influx of Iowa trolls in the last few days, likely the same guy. Your post total is low, I apologize if I made the wrong assumption.

Does an NFL stint erase any stink from alleged and possibly to-be-revealed NCAA violations at USC, some of which may come out of the Bush trial? If so, how long does it take?

I agree with TAW about the allegations. I might be in the minority but I would rather lose honest than win as a cheat.

Am I the only one puzzled by the choice of Seattle? I feel like there are much better options out there, plus I feel like if NFL teams knew he wanted a job, almost any team floating around .500 (heck maybe even the Cowboys if they lose tonight--I know the point is moot now that he's with Seattle, but whatever) would jump at the chance to take him.

Am I the only one puzzled by the choice of Seattle? I feel like there are much better options out there, plus I feel like if NFL teams knew he wanted a job, almost any team floating around .500 (heck maybe even the Cowboys if they lose tonight--I know the point is moot now that he's with Seattle, but whatever) would jump at the chance to take him.

Eh...Seattle's in the area, and in a weak division. The pressure-to-win-now vs. difficulty-of-winning-now ratio is probably as good there as you'll find in the NFL.

How does Pete Carroll leaving affect Seantral Henderson's recruiting decision?

With the USC Program appearing to be unstable....will Seantral elect to stay home and play for his parents and the rest of the local crowd?

Well be careful and don't make a bet on this. it's my understanding for some reason that there is a severe wallet shortage in the Fargo Moorhead area.

Schnoods, that is why I have found a supplier from out of the FM area. Very prompt delivery service.

why would you think, even jokingly, that a coach of carroll's magnitude would come to a university that had an opportunity to hire 3 coaches just 3 years ago that have taken other division 1 positions and we chose brewster a coach (and i use that word lightly) with absolutely no coaching experience knowing full well we were moving into the first new big ten stadium since 1960?

I have been a staunch gophers supporter since 1965. my family and i travel every year to watch the gophers play. so before any criticism comes my way stick it.

If you are wondering why people bristle at your posts, please go back and read the content on this board from the last month. We have heard everything you have to say more times than I can count. I can promise you that you will not blow any minds by coming in here and saying that Brewster stinks.

On another note, congrats on finding the caps lock key.

Somebody who likes to hear himself.....

post. Why don't you just put a sign on yourself and walk down Henn. Ave. and say: " Hey, look at me, I just posted on the Gopher Hole" And while your at it, tape a 100.00 bill on you forehead and you might get layed.:clap:

Top Bottom