Per Kent Youngblood re: New OC Candidate

dbaldrich1

Reaction score
Hope I don't offend anyone with the cut and paste, but here's something from the Blog at the Strib.

-----------------------------

Another OC candidate
Posted on January 20th, 2009 – 1:38 PM
By Kent Youngblood

Another name has surfaced as a strong candidate for the job of Gophers’ offensive coordinator: Jedd Fisch.

According to sources Fisch, 32, has emerged as the most likely replacement for Mike Dunbar. Fisch just finished his first year as wide receivers coach for the Denver Broncos. In all he has eight years of NFL assistant coaching experience. Friom 2004-07 he was with the Baltimore Ravens, first as an offensive assistant, then as assistant quarterbacks and receivers coach and finally as assistant quarterbacks coach.

Before that he spent three years in defensive quality control with the Houston Texans. Before his third season with Houston Fisch underwent surgery to repair an aortic aneurysm and spent the 2003 system handling mainly off-the-field activities.

Fisch is a native of LIvingston, N.J. and is a graduate of the University of Florida. He was a graduate assistant with the Gators in 1999 and 2000.

Fisch became available after Mike Shanahan was fired. He has reportedly been considered for the offensive coordinator job in Detroit by new coach Jim Schwartz.

Fisch was given credit for his work with Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall, who made 104 receptions for 1,265 yards in 2008.

don't worry about offending people. i appreciate not having to go to the strib for my gopher info.

not that i matter, but since i dont like going to the MSP fishwraps, feel free to cut and paste anything you want about the gophers. less clicks the better, especially for the strib.

and thanks for posting.

Really?

Hope I don't offend anyone with the cut and paste, but here's something from the Blog at the Strib.

-----------------------------

Another OC candidate
Posted on January 20th, 2009 – 1:38 PM
By Kent Youngblood

Another name has surfaced as a strong candidate for the job of Gophers’ offensive coordinator: Jedd Fisch.

According to sources Fisch, 32, has emerged as the most likely replacement for Mike Dunbar. Fisch just finished his first year as wide receivers coach for the Denver Broncos. In all he has eight years of NFL assistant coaching experience. Friom 2004-07 he was with the Baltimore Ravens, first as an offensive assistant, then as assistant quarterbacks and receivers coach and finally as assistant quarterbacks coach.

Before that he spent three years in defensive quality control with the Houston Texans. Before his third season with Houston Fisch underwent surgery to repair an aortic aneurysm and spent the 2003 system handling mainly off-the-field activities.

Fisch is a native of LIvingston, N.J. and is a graduate of the University of Florida. He was a graduate assistant with the Gators in 1999 and 2000.

Fisch became available after Mike Shanahan was fired. He has reportedly been considered for the offensive coordinator job in Detroit by new coach Jim Schwartz.

Fisch was given credit for his work with Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall, who made 104 receptions for 1,265 yards in 2008.

You should be ashamed of yourself!!! Some of us pay for this info, so you shouldn't be sharing it for free on here!

It's the blog on the Strib. Absolutely free.

I was making a joke. I thought it was just in the regular paper, which some of us do indeed pay for (50 cents on weekdays), and making fun of those who get all hot and bothered when rivals info ends up on the message boards here.

I am sorry you missed my sarcasm.

Top Bottom