Penn State Whiteout Shirt Controversy

Reaction score
The shirts — intended to foster school spirit — sport a vertical blue line down the center with the words "Penn State White Out" emblazoned across the chest, forming a design that some say resembles a cross. The back of the shirt depicts the same blue line obscured by the words, "Don't be intimated … It's just me and 110,000 of my friends." Roughly 30,000 of the shirts have been sold.

Penn State says it has received six complaints about the shirt, including one from the Anti-Defamation League's Philadelphia branch, from people who say it connotes a Christian cross. The logo design also has become the focus of controversy in the student newspaper, "The Daily Collegian," which has received several letters to the editor on both sides of the issue.

Read more here: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569665,00.html

I think the white out during a rain day is more disturbing. Looks like a KKK rally.

Interesting. I saw some in the student section wearing them for the Iowa white out game and couldn't figure out if Penn State had a large Christian student section or what the deal was.

Six compliants though? Hardly makes for a controversy.

In other news, the Lindbergh baby is missing!

geeeeeeeeeze us

its a t-shirt...im sure people did not intend for it to look like a cross from christian reasons but rather they like the design of the shirt. my god (will i get a complaint becaused i said god) people are stupid. its a F-ing t-shirt. get a life.

OMG! It's the end of the world! Non-Christians might be offended by something other than history books! The shirt is clearly designed like their helmet with the word Penn State simply where writing on T-shirts go. If a Christian fan base (isn't the t's point) offends you, get out of America or any major country because pretty much all of there basic laws and meanings stem from some sort of religion.

lol boy why would psu have a white shirt with a blue stripe ????????? umm maybe SO IT WOULD MATCH THERE TEAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I have never stepped foot in a church in my life and I fail to see a problem with that shirt. I don't know where people get the idea they have the right to not be offended, especially when that bar is so damn low for most idiots.

Non-Christians might be offended by something other than history books... ...get out of America or any major country because pretty much all of there basic laws and meanings stem from some sort of religion.

What you're implying is simply not true. First off, non-Christians are only offended by history books that are shamelessly biased and lacking in academic merit or at worst catagorical false. Secondly, there were legal codes long before Moses made up the ten commadments. Many ancient civilizations wrote down their laws, some of which survive today (e.g. The Code of Hammurabi). These were civil laws written not by priests, but by the nascent governmental organizations of the times and places. Christians are just jealous, because they don't have any tangible evidence to back up the Bible except for forgeries from the Middle Ages. :clap:

I was with you until the last sentence, gophmeister. That was probably unnecessary but yeah you're basically spot on.

What you're implying is simply not true. First off, non-Christians are only offended by history books that are shamelessly biased and lacking in academic merit or at worst catagorical false. Secondly, there were legal codes long before Moses made up the ten commadments. Many ancient civilizations wrote down their laws, some of which survive today (e.g. The Code of Hammurabi). These were civil laws written not by priests, but by the nascent governmental organizations of the times and places. Christians are just jealous, because they don't have any tangible evidence to back up the Bible except for forgeries from the Middle Ages. :clap:
Paging MinnesotaPride ...

Do we have any young earth creationsits up in this piece? That might be fun.

Top Bottom