Penn State Band in the stands

wait!what?

Reaction score
ummmmmm...did we lose a war? Season ticket holders in 202 got it right up the ol wazoo.

This is why I chose not to sit anywhere near the visitors. Still sucks though.

A group was up in 230 near the student section and visited some fans in blue and white, too.

To go along with that...rumors were that the entire OSU Band was coming this Saturday...if true where the hell are they going to sit....prob up in 201-202 again I would guess...

Penn State did the same thing when they visited the metrodome too. I think they always do that... everywhere.

Was it the actual band or an alumni band?
Before the game I saw 10-15 obvious alumni (aged 30 - 55) band members out with their instruments & uniforms.

No idea. Alumni makes sense. I just remember them (whoever they are) at the last two Penn State visits to the dome too.

They had to be alumni. Schools will normally bring a smaller version of their pep band, but that group was way too small to even be the official travel pep band.

My question...do they care if you bring instruments into the stadium? Or would they have received approval to bring everything in?

Was it the actual band or an alumni band?
Before the game I saw 10-15 obvious alumni (aged 30 - 55) band members out with their instruments & uniforms.

PSU usually sends their college seniors as a pep band, and it can be that small of a number. I think one year it was 15-20 people that came to the Dome. If I remember right, they don't travel as a whole band to away games, instead they send a pep band like this. They have to pick which game they want to go to, I think each 4 year member gets to pick one game. It may have changed from 10 years ago, but that's the basics as far as I can remember.

To go along with that...rumors were that the entire OSU Band was coming this Saturday...if true where the hell are they going to sit....prob up in 201-202 again I would guess...

Since the full band (or at least enough for a field show) are coming with Ohio State I am guessing they will be sitting/standing on the field somewhere.

Since the full band (or at least enough for a field show) are coming with Ohio State I am guessing they will be sitting/standing on the field somewhere.

That's what I was thinking.....but I'm not sure where the hell you were gonna fit them....there's only room for about 80 or so in that corner in the open end..

ok, so our band should feel free to march up the visiting fans seats and just start the rouser in their faces. I can live with that.

So, you can't bring in an umbrella but a tuba's OK?

It looked like PSU had about a dozen or so band members in the visitors section, they were barely audible from the opposite side of the stadium. The group that was wandering around section 230 after halftime looked to be students.

Personally, I like having the visiting band there, as long as it isn't Becky or the Hogeyes. Wish we could do the same thing with our band.

in 138 it reeked of puke/sewer the entire game it was awful. as you would say, everyone got it up the wazoo. (my suspicion is brew planted dead fish in the sewer gates)

Texas had about 50 band members at Nebraska a couple of weeks ago. Not the full unit, but a good sized group.

A clip of the dozen member Blue Band:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9xx4tuhA_H8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9xx4tuhA_H8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Just as long as the OSU band doesn't play every play like the USC pep band did that was annoying I think by the end of the game I had heard their fight song more then the rouser. I can understand playing it when you score but to play it every first down was too much. I did like how the people who play the music on the scoreboard tried to play over them though. Not looking forward to Iowa's band on 11/27.

KFAN told the listening audience that nobody was at the game, but the video clearly displays otherwise. Why would someone say something that is not true?

. Not looking forward to Iowa's band on 11/27.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Iowa is not bringing their band to the game on 10/27. It is great that the OSU band is coming this week. I hope in the future we see more bands now that the metrodome is finished.

Top Bottom