Peaking at the right time?

If they are peaking now, they aren’t even in a mountain range. More like the middle of Nebraska or Iowa.

I’m kinda hoping for a more Colorado accomplishment!

I can say with a fair amount of confidence that CBJ and staff is trying to get Payne making his free throws, get Ihnen slashing to be the next KD, working on Carrington's 3's so he doesn't get Kalscheuritis, Hawkins changing speeds more and making the easy play, slowing down Mitchell's brain, having Garcia isolate doubles faster, and having everyone pump fake more. We are stating the obvious, while the MN coaches are playing 3D chess vs. opposing coaches that are trying to stop exactly what we are doing. That's why games don't go perfectly as we'd like! Every team has multiple modes of improvement, and fan base complaints.

I hope to god we are not actually wasting even 1 second of practice time on this.

and several players have been in funks lately - JOJ among them.
JOJ has been a mystery to me, how can someone with so much talent just disappear. He had a game or 2 earlier in the season where I thought the like came on for him and he was going to display more effort getting rebounds and making smarter decisions with the ball. Ihnen is a bit of a mystery too. I think they both lack the competitive fire to hustle and be the first to get to spots on a consistent basis.

JOJ only rebound looked as if he was having a hissy fit fighting Fox for a rebound. I have a feeling JOJ is about stats and appearances and not being a good teammate. I hope I am wrong, if I am right, JOJ won't be here next year.

Not sure what to think. I wonder if they are just growing together and starting to hit their stride/ still ascending. The peaking may still be down the road?

Just an uninformed thought.
No, we're not peaking. We're getting better. The peak is a long way out in the distance.

This team is currently punching above it's weight class. Most teams in the conference have higher rated talent on their rosters. Coaching is the driver for this Gopher team to perform above all expectations.

So what does heaven look like?
giphy.gif

JOJ has been a mystery to me, how can someone with so much talent just disappear. He had a game or 2 earlier in the season where I thought the like came on for him and he was going to display more effort getting rebounds and making smarter decisions with the ball. Ihnen is a bit of a mystery too. I think they both lack the competitive fire to hustle and be the first to get to spots on a consistent basis.

JOJ only rebound looked as if he was having a hissy fit fighting Fox for a rebound. I have a feeling JOJ is about stats and appearances and not being a good teammate. I hope I am wrong, if I am right, JOJ won't be here next year.
JOJ is either dealing with an undisclosed injury or just in a major funk but he is a mess right now.

Hopefully they get it sorted out as he can be a valuable piece but right now he is not producing when he is on the court so his minutes are going to guys like Fox who are making the most of their minutes and showing they deserve more.

No, we're not peaking. We're getting better. The peak is a long way out in the distance.

This team is currently punching above it's weight class. Most teams in the conference have higher rated talent on their rosters. Coaching is the driver for this Gopher team to perform above all expectations.
I agree. The question could be viewed many ways. I viewed it within the scope of this season and with the current players of course.

I agree. The question could be viewed many ways. I viewed it within the scope of this season and with the current players of course.
Within the confines of the season I still say it's ahead. We are improving every week.

Things are looking up with 5 games left, 3 of which are quad 1 games on the road.
If they can win 2 of those 3, win the 2 home games, and a a win or 2 at the Big Ten Tournament, I think they do some damage at the big dance.

Top Bottom