Payton Willis' Gophers return reunites him with best friend Eric Curry

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Recruited by Johnson​

Johnson recruited both Willis and Curry while he was an assistant on Richard Pitino's staff, following their Arkansas Wings squad on the summer AAU circuit.

"I started playing with [Curry] with the Arkansas Wings back to when we were 13," said Curry, who won the Nike Peach Jam with Willis in 2015. "We've been close ever since. We do everything together."

Go Gophers!!

Great story, Curry has already gotten a head start in recruiting on his way to becoming a coach!

Great story, Curry has already gotten a head start in recruiting on his way to becoming a coach!
Such a shame that Curry's playing career worked out the way that it did. He showed so much promise early and then the injuries just kept piling up on him. Was great that he got to play last season but he was just a shell of the guy it looked like he might have been.

I had not realized that he was serving as a Grad Assistant under Johnson. Hopefully things work out for Curry and he is able to have a long successful career in coaching.

Such a shame that Curry's playing career worked out the way that it did. He showed so much promise early and then the injuries just kept piling up on him. Was great that he got to play last season but he was just a shell of the guy it looked like he might have been.

I had not realized that he was serving as a Grad Assistant under Johnson. Hopefully things work out for Curry and he is able to have a long successful career in coaching.
He had NBA written on his game his freshman year. He was really athletic for how big he was.

He might as well play.

Cant he be a player coach?
Ha I like Eric Curry but I would much rather take a flyer on grabbing any 6'10 high school kid left in the 2021 class and working on developing them over the next 4 years. This season is going to be a rebuild anyway so might as well try to put your mark on a youngster.

Top Bottom