Paul Finebaum Names Better College Football Conference: Big Ten or SEC

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Joe:

On Wednesday's airing of the Paul Finebaum Show, host Paul Finebaum clearly stated his opinion on the superior college football conference between the Big Ten and the SEC.

A caller called in and asked Finebaum how close the Big Ten is to the SEC now in terms of quality programs. Finebaum answered that despite the Big Ten's success, it's still not even close.

"I'll tell you why it's not close," Finebaum said. "Because the Big Ten has four or five really spectacularly good schools. You start with Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, depending on the year Iowa. But after that you've got the dregs. Where in the SEC, there's a mouthful of really good teams."

Go Gophers!!

Per Joe:

On Wednesday's airing of the Paul Finebaum Show, host Paul Finebaum clearly stated his opinion on the superior college football conference between the Big Ten and the SEC.

A caller called in and asked Finebaum how close the Big Ten is to the SEC now in terms of quality programs. Finebaum answered that despite the Big Ten's success, it's still not even close.

"I'll tell you why it's not close," Finebaum said. "Because the Big Ten has four or five really spectacularly good schools. You start with Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin, depending on the year Iowa. But after that you've got the dregs. Where in the SEC, there's a mouthful of really good teams."

Go Gophers!!
JFC. 🤦‍♂️

Per Joe:

Go Gophers!!
Crazy thing, I would say the SEC has Georgia and Alabama and then put LSU and Auburn on par with Wisconsin/Iowa - LSU's top end is better but they only get there about once every ten years.

We will find out who is better SEC or B1G when Notre Dame joins their conference for football. Now it's up to Football Jesus. B1G makes sense on off the field & in the classroom. Having Friday Night football on Fox helps B1G cause. Land of 10,000 lakes helps the cause for "Fish on Fridays"

Top Bottom