Pat Reusse: Gophers close the gap, but Wisconsin still too tough

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Reusse:

The crowd was announced at 53,090, the largest in the history of this 5-year-old football yard. We’re used to having inflated attendance in all sports facilities in this town, but that seemed like a solid, overflow number for this large game.

What Kill’s third bunch of Gophers proved is that they have amped up to the physical nature of play required to compete in the Big Ten.

They gave a strong indication of that in beating Nebraska for the first time in 53 years. They gave another indication in hanging tough to beat Penn State. The other victories were against Northwestern and Indiana, not a pair of teams known for outmuscling people.

On Saturday, the Gophers’ muscle was put to its toughest so far against Wisconsin. If you can’t stop the ground game, the Badgers are going to grind a team into small pieces while putting up a big number on the scoreboard.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/233179241.html?page=all&prepage=1&c=y#continue

Go Gophers!!

Sooooo Reusse is kind of the man now. Good article again from him.

Decent article. Gave some props.

However......I call bull****. Wisconsin too tough? Don't get me wrong.......the Badgers are a very good team. Probably the best team behind OSU. Now....the Gophers fumbled a few times.......dropped a few passes.....Nelson over threw Williams on what would have been a huge gain.

We had a few shots to take this game over. The Badgers are not that much better than we are. We made some great defensive plays.......we just couldn't capitalize on offense. I slept about four hours this past night........waking up and thinking about the missed opportunities. Good luck MSU......if we play 50 percent as well on offense.....and our defense plays the same.....the MSU game is a win.

I haven't read an article by Pat for a while but I decided to see what he had to say. I was pleasantly surprised but what I would really like to see is Pat name Jim Souhan the 2013 Turkey of the Year.:clap:

Top Bottom