Parking tips email

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Football shuttles run one hour after the game. If we get caught up in the victory celebration, how far of a walk is it back to the fairground lots?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear Gopher Football Season Ticket Holder:

Gopher football has returned! The Gopher Gameday Preview gave all of us a great chance to test out our game day operations. The 2009 season kicks off with the Gophers' first game against Air Force on Saturday, September 12. With more than 50,000 people expected, the Twin Cities campus will be filled with excitement. These games could present some challenges, specifically access to campus and parking near campus, but we feel with planning and your help, we can aim for the best campus travel experience possible.

It's not too late! If you didn't pre-purchase a season parking pass when you selected your seats, but changed your mind, call our office at 612-624-8080 or e-mail us at [email protected].

PARKING TIPS

Arrive early and stay late! Parking facilities will be open 6 hours before the start of game, but not before 7 am.
If you don't have a season parking pass, DO NOT drive to East Bank - park in West Bank or St. Paul facilities. On the West Bank, the 19th Avenue and 21st Avenue Ramps will be open for $10 cash parking until filled. On the St. Paul campus, Lot S108 (fairgrounds), Lot S101 (Cleveland and Commonwealth Aves) and Gortner Avenue Ramp will have $10 cash parking available. Football shuttles from these locations are ADA accessible.
Please park in designated lots provided for game day parking. Parking policies, on and off campus, will be strictly enforced and illegal parking will be subject to tagging and towing at owner's expense.
RECOMMENDED DRIVING routes are available online at the Parking and Transportation Services Web site at http://www1.umn.edu/pts/maps/stadiumpkg/stadiumpkg.html.
Be aware that leaving the game may be different than how you came. Officers will be directing traffic so that you can get home as quickly as possible.

NEWS FOR ST PAUL PARKERS
If you're traveling in the St. Paul area, please be aware that Raymond Avenue is closed between Como Avenue and Energy Park Drive. Due to replacement work on the railroad bridge, this road will be closed from September 8 through November 14, 2009.

TAILGATING TIPS
If you are planning to tailgate, please follow the University rules. These policies enhance the football game day experience, promote a safe campus environment and preserve the beauty of our campus.

Charcoal is strictly prohibited. Use gas grills with a maximum propane cylinder size of 20 pounds.
No glass please.
Keep to one stall only and please, for your safety, do not block the drive aisle.
Tailgating is NOT permitted on any other University of Minnesota property, including parking ramps and garages.
More details on tailgating rules are available at http://stadium.gophersports.com/prk_tailgating.html.

If you want to know more, please visit us online at www.umn.edu/stadium.

We look forward to seeing you back on campus this Saturday!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This e-mail was sent to [email protected] by Intercollegiate Athletics at the University of Minnesota, 516 15th Ave SE, Suite 250, Minneapolis, MN 55455. To stop receiving this e-mail communication, click here to opt-out.

©2006-2009 Regents of the University of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.

Football shuttles run one hour after the game. If we get caught up in the victory celebration, how far of a walk is it back to the fairground lots?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You can always take the never-on-time weekend campus connector. The weekend campus connector is exhibit A of why I am pretty sure the busing this weekend will be screwed up royally by Parking and Transportation Services, although I'm sure that they'll have it working seamlessly by the South Dakota State game.

Does anyone know if there will be regular game shuttles running during the game? I know it would be a rare instance, but there are times when you need to get back to your car in a hurry (sick kid, etc.)?

I saw the one-hour note, too. I didn't get a parking spot, because we want to tailgate for some games and hit Stub & Herb's, the McNamara Center, etc., for other games. We figured we would go to the State Fair lot when tailgating, but that means we can't really hit any of the bars after the game.

It doesn't seem like you need the shuttle for four hours before the game if you're tailgating, and I think you need it for longer than an hour after the game. I'd say move one of those pre-game hours after the game!

Top Bottom