Parking for Nebraska Game

WAGopher

Reaction score
We’re coming in from Seattle, have our game tickets and now need to find parking. The Gopher Sports website only has tickets available for the 4th Street Ramp, which I doubt has tailgating. Are there other lots available, can tickets be bought in advance, or are they on a first come basis? Thank you for any advice.

We’re coming in from Seattle, have our game tickets and now need to find parking. The Gopher Sports website only has tickets available for the 4th Street Ramp, which I doubt has tailgating. Are there other lots available, can tickets be bought in advance, or are they on a first come basis? Thank you for any advice.
4th st ramp is a block from Lot 37. May want to try to join another tailgate or even ours in Lot 37. Stubhub, vividseats and seatgeek has tailgating passes but with the fees and high demand for this game are going much higher than face.

Actually just checked vividseats, and seatgeek have sold out of tailgating passes. Stubhub only has a few spots that the algorithm says are overprices or 1 out of 5 and Lot 58 Fine which is only 2 out of 5. Think there are spots at front of Mariucci that has some stuff going on for food and possibly drinks.

Last edited:

I would recommend parking further out near a lightrail station and then taking the train in unless you want to build up your own tailgating scene. There is lots to do around the stadium so walking around may be a good way to go.

If you're looking for just parking not tailgating the Coffman ramp is the best for price/exiting.

I park on the West Bank in the pay lot behind The Red Sea and walk to the stadium. It's a longer walk, but cheap and always available.

Thank you all for the advice and info. Do you pay for these lots in advance, or when you arrive. If it’s pay when you arrive, what’s the best time to get their for a spot?

Note that Lot 37 is pretty much Thunderdome .... may or may not be to everyone's liking.

/s
There are people out there that don't like the best tailgating lot in Gopher history? Flip Saunders tailgated there and helped his daughters sell team calendars, can't remember what sport. Women's basketball hosts recruits, plenty of ex football players. Some of the best setups with actual boats, could go on and on but you are correct some may not prefer a busier atmosphere.

My fear is if Williams ever got replaced that Lot 37 would be new spot for arena.

Nothing beats the State Fair lot, in my opinion, and a great tailgating lot for those not lucky/wealthy enough to tailgate in the lots near the stadium.

Sadly, it's never available during the first game because of the actual State Fair happening then.

All the more reason it is silly and absurd to have a home game that matters in Week 1.

I would recommend parking further out near a lightrail station and then taking the train in unless you want to build up your own tailgating scene. There is lots to do around the stadium so walking around may be a good way to go.
You’re insane. Buy the 4th Street tickets now and walk the one block to lot 37. Anyone there will invite you in. No doubt.

If you park in the 4th Street garage, or any garage near the stadium for that matter, be prepared to be sitting in your car waiting to get out of the garage for a while.

I haven’t had season tickets or been to a game since before the pandemic, so keep that in mind as you read the rest of this. Things could be vastly different these days.

The tailgating pass gives you automobile access to the lot - pedestrians can come and go as they please. Since you are flying in from Washington I am led to believe that your tailgate setup is not very elaborate. Pack up any tailgating materials you have, park in the 4th street ramp, and then have your crew carry your stuff to lot 37 (walk in on 5th street by those tennis courts). Set up your humble tailgate in one of the parking spots, act natural, and enjoy the wild west that is lot 37.

As taji said, prepare to sit in your automobile for a long while as you try to exit.

I checked with the Athletic Department and all tailgate lots spots are sold out. If you get there 1 1/2 hours before kick-off, you should be able to park in the Oak Street ramp for $20. Bring cash. Three block walk to the stadium.

You’re insane. Buy the 4th Street tickets now and walk the one block to lot 37. Anyone there will invite you in. No doubt.
Yep, pretty much any tailgaters will welcome you...bring a six pack of something good to add to their stock.

If you park in the 4th Street garage, or any garage near the stadium for that matter, be prepared to be sitting in your car waiting to get out of the garage for a while.
Yep, just plan to hang out for 45 minutes and grab after game libations somewhere and let the traffic die down.

I checked with the Athletic Department and all tailgate lots spots are sold out. If you get there 1 1/2 hours before kick-off, you should be able to park in the Oak Street ramp for $20. Bring cash. Three block walk to the stadium.
Thank you for checking on tailgate lot parking. It’s the ramp for us.

Nebraska fan checking in here, I’m coming up to the game and was wondering where a good spot would be also! I’ll have the tailgate essentials, tent, grill, cooler etc…. Hopefully y’all don’t give the the 9th green at 9 treatment lol Go Big Red!

Nebraska fan checking in here, I’m coming up to the game and was wondering where a good spot would be also! I’ll have the tailgate essentials, tent, grill, cooler etc…. Hopefully y’all don’t give the the 9th green at 9 treatment lol Go Big Red!
There's parking on the railroad tracks for Nebraska fans. But put your essentials off the tracks so others can use them.

Just kidding. Hope you get good advice and enjoy your time. Good luck. I'm not familiar enough to give advice.

I'm not a tailgater, but hopefully everyone treats you well on here and at the game. I was planning on going last year and got an invite to join a tailgate from the guy that runs the Husker board. We ended up not being able to go, but he couldn't have been any nicer.

Tailgating spots are pretty limited at our games. My guess is people will suggest the State Fairgrounds as a spot for you. There's a shuttle and the ride doesn't take long.

Or hang out in the tailgate lot for half an hour and then head

Tailgating spots are pretty limited at our games.
Not true.

My guess is people will suggest the State Fairgrounds as a spot for you. There's a shuttle and the ride doesn't take long.

That won't be available for the Nebraska game because of the ongoing State Fair.

It'd be neat if they hadn't taken the East River Flats spot off the table. If you're coming for the first game and you want your own tailgate setup, you're S.O.L.

Thank you to everyone’s comments. My first trip to the stadium was a great success. We parked in the 4th Street ramp and walked to Lot 37, which was rocking a great tailgate scene. So much cool decor and many great gopher fans. My only question is, who let the Husker Dogs in? 😂

The game was so reminiscent of the at Fresno State game, and I was lucky enough to be at both.

Tomorrow, we leave on the eastern leg of our drive and we’ll be in Chapel Hill for the game on the 16th.

Thank you to everyone’s comments. My first trip to the stadium was a great success. We parked in the 4th Street ramp and walked to Lot 37, which was rocking a great tailgate scene. So much cool decor and many great gopher fans. My only question is, who let the Husker Dogs in? 😂

The game was so reminiscent of the at Fresno State game, and I was lucky enough to be at both.

Tomorrow, we leave on the eastern leg of our drive and we’ll be in Chapel Hill for the game on the 16th.
We tailgating or going to a brewery?

Top Bottom