Parker Fox on the possibility of returning next year: I'm going to have a tough decision to make with my last year. It would be my 8th year of college

Reusse alleges he had an NIL deal with a bank in Aberdeen and at one point was the only Gopher actually getting any NIL. Not sure if that's accurate.
I know for a fact it’s not. Others have them but I have no idea how much. The name I heard in particular is one who if he had it others absolutely had to have had it.

Reusse alleges he had an NIL deal with a bank in Aberdeen and at one point was the only Gopher actually getting any NIL. Not sure if that's accurate.
Was NIL in existence when he was there?

I know for a fact it’s not. Others have them but I have no idea how much. The name I heard in particular is one who if he had it others absolutely had to have had it.
It's certainly not true anymore. This was a couple years ago.

Couldn't agree more. If he can physically do it he should play one more year, down the line that experience will be far more valuable then one extra year in the work force.
if you look at it from his perspective, what does he get out of coming back? He just achieved a dream by playing for his home school and makign an impact, especially when nobody wanted him out of HS and he had to make the best of it at Northern St. overcame a major injury and came back to make a meaningful contribution. THat is one heck of an accomplishment. I was so done with school after 4yrs. can't imagine being him going to class for 7yrs and willingly sign up for another. if he decided to come back, best case scenario is he will be a role player on a team that hopes to make the tournament. He will also be taking minutes from JOJ. worst case is they lose a key player or 2 and suck again, with no hope of making the tourny, he would definitely have to wonder what he is doing.

Hmm, he might wait to see what others do first. If the team is looking thin, he'll move on. If team returns all key players from this season, he'll join em!
That seems right. Also if he is considering a coaching career the final year could be valuable in his mind.

if you look at it from his perspective, what does he get out of coming back? He just achieved a dream by playing for his home school and makign an impact, especially when nobody wanted him out of HS and he had to make the best of it at Northern St. overcame a major injury and came back to make a meaningful contribution. THat is one heck of an accomplishment. I was so done with school after 4yrs. can't imagine being him going to class for 7yrs and willingly sign up for another. if he decided to come back, best case scenario is he will be a role player on a team that hopes to make the tournament. He will also be taking minutes from JOJ. worst case is they lose a key player or 2 and suck again, with no hope of making the tourny, he would definitely have to wonder what he is doing.
What he gets is one more year of playing organized basketball.

But yeah, he will have to weigh all the factors and make the decision that he feels is best for him.

As someone in their late 40's reflecting back on life I look at it from the standpoint that 20 years from now he would be unlikely to regret playing one more year with the Gophers but he definitely might regret not playing that final year when he had the chance.

"holds a bachelor's degree from Northern State • obtained a master's degree in sports management from the University of Minnesota in 2023 • currently taking classes in Carlson School of Management in strategic management"

I can understand it is time to move on.
Of course if he can finish his Carlson degree in one more year that would be an excellent outcome for him.

he would be unlikely to regret playing one more year with the Gophers but he definitely might regret not playing that final year when he had the chance.
This depends on how good the team is likely to be.

If it's another year like 22-23, then I would not be surprised if he did not regret not coming back to that.

Maybe he waits to see who is not coming back. Playing for a tournament has value. I personally love continuous learning and wouldn't mind being in school at any age as long as I got to do other stuff too.

I mean, if you have a partner eager to have money and kids or something like that, maybe you move on to life in a nice school district.

Otherwise, are you out of your mind? Of course come back and play sports.

Johnson on his coaches show talked about how much Fox has to work to be ready for each game. The decision should be fully up to Parker on this one.

Who else would it be up to? It’s not like the fans and coaches normally get a vote. It’s always fully up to the player if they want to play.

I'd place the odds of his return at well less than 50/50. Additionally, the number of games we won thanks to his presence this year has been nonzero. Replacing his energy and production is one of the many question marks as to whether the Gophs can even duplicate their impressive 8th, 9th or 10th place finish, much less improve upon it.

I'd place the odds of his return at well less than 50/50. Additionally, the number of games we won thanks to his presence this year has been nonzero. Replacing his energy and production is one of the many question marks as to whether the Gophs can even duplicate their impressive 8th, 9th or 10th place finish, much less improve upon it.
Fox contributed to zero wins?

Top Bottom