Parker Fox has displayed eye-popping slam dunks in practices and might be the team’s best leaper.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Shooter:

>> Gophers 6-8, 220-pound redshirt basketball senior Parker Fox, the former Mahtomedi star who is back after two season-ending knee surgeries, has displayed eye-popping slam dunks in practices and might be the team’s best leaper.

Go Gophers!!

Per Shooter:

>> Gophers 6-8, 220-pound redshirt basketball senior Parker Fox, the former Mahtomedi star who is back after two season-ending knee surgeries, has displayed eye-popping slam dunks in practices and might be the team’s best leaper.

Go Gophers!!
Better a leaper than a leper.

Per Shooter:

Go Gophers!!
Is he in the line of Wally Ellenson? He was quite a leaper too.

in all seriousness - or at least a little seriousness - the point here is that Fox is a player whose game is based in large part on his athleticism and leaping ability.

after two ACL's, it was feared that he might have lost some of that ability and as a result, become a less effective player.

IF he still has the hops, that - I think - improves the odds that he can play a meaningful role on the team.

the same is true with Ihnen. from what we've seen on video, Ihnen also looks to have retained his mobility - which he will need if he is going to be playing a lot of wing as opposed to a PF role.

getting these two guys back healthy is like adding two transfers. and it's a feel-good story for a program that could use some of that.

Fox was top rated in all of D2 basketball (304 D2 teams). That is just a little more impressive than being the best player in the Lake Conference, though that is not bad either. He led D2 in blocks (74) and dunks (80, also more than any D1 player that year) and was near the top in rebounds (9.8 per game). Plus 19.8 ppg. That was in games, not warm-ups.

He did have 50 D1 offers from the portal. Including Ohio State, Creighton, Florida State, VCU, Vanderbilt.

He has also been a good teammate during his two rehab years and has remained immersed in basketball. He should be provide positive energy and be almost a coach on the floor.

I have been saying for a long time that I am very eager for Parker to take a big role on this team. He is entertaining! He is a huge talent, not a throw away piece.

Fox was top rated in all of D2 basketball (304 D2 teams). That is just a little more impressive than being the best player in the Lake Conference, though that is not bad either. He led D2 in blocks (74) and dunks (80, also more than any D1 player that year) and was near the top in rebounds (9.8 per game). Plus 19.8 ppg. That was in games, not warm-ups.

He did have 50 D1 offers from the portal. Including Ohio State, Creighton, Florida State, VCU, Vanderbilt.

He has also been a good teammate during his two rehab years and has remained immersed in basketball. He should be provide positive energy and be almost a coach on the floor.

I have been saying for a long time that I am very eager for Parker to take a big role on this team. He is entertaining! He is a huge talent, not a throw away piece.
Here are a few more #'s for you: Parker Fox has played a total of 0 (ZERO) minutes/seconds of D1 basketball. Another #? He hasn't played in a basketball game in like 500 plus days. 2 full seasons. How many players in the past 30 years have come back from, not one, but two major injuries and have then been a strong contributor on a decent P6 team? Look, I hope that he is healed up and plays some basketball. My bar/expectations for Fox are extremely low. Same with Ihnen.

I know someone who was at practice the other day two comments. One good and one amusing.. Ihnen looked fast and athletic.. Big Wilson is a specimen but get gets winded easily..
I’m not too worried about Wilson getting winded. He is a 5 to 10 minute guy who is a situational player. I attended a practice this summer and Ihnen looked great. Hawkins was dinged up that day so he is a guy I haven’t seen. Did your friend comment on him?

Here are a few more #'s for you: Parker Fox has played a total of 0 (ZERO) minutes/seconds of D1 basketball. Another #? He hasn't played in a basketball game in like 500 plus days. 2 full seasons. How many players in the past 30 years have come back from, not one, but two major injuries and have then been a strong contributor on a decent P6 team? Look, I hope that he is healed up and plays some basketball. My bar/expectations for Fox are extremely low. Same with Ihnen.
After serious injuries that totally diminish athleticism, you seldom see words like eye popping dunks and best leaper on the team, even if the team does not have an JOJ. Just saying. It was assumed he would be a starter when Ben signed him. And he is not contending for a spot on a team that is exactly a lock to be a BIG contender. Watch this play out. I think it is one of the interesting story lines for this team.

It'll be interesting to see how accurate this is. You could definitely still see the explosiveness and athleticism after ACL #1. It has taken him a long time to recover from ACL #2 and the recent clips out there do not show the same athleticism/explosiveness that he showed in the past IMO.

Ihnen does appear to be moving well, far better than Fox. I have higher hopes that Ihnen will be a contributor than Fox at this point, but my expectations for both are really low.

It'll be interesting to see how accurate this is. You could definitely still see the explosiveness and athleticism after ACL #1. It has taken him a long time to recover from ACL #2 and the recent clips out there do not show the same athleticism/explosiveness that he showed in the past IMO.

Ihnen does appear to be moving well, far better than Fox. I have higher hopes that Ihnen will be a contributor than Fox at this point, but my expectations for both are really low.
Low expectations are part of Gopher Territory.

Every video I see of Gopher basketball practice, they are literally playing against the air. Guys are hitting open shots, throwing down vicious dunks, and cheering emphatically with every made bucket.

I want so badly for Parker to have a bounce-back year. He deserves it more than anyone. However, I won't get my hopes up until he makes athletic plays against actual competition.

This thread is my favorite basketball thread in years. Nothing to add. Just great work all around.

Top Bottom