PA announcer

My personal opinion is that it is disrespectful to be talking over the band playing Hail MN, but if this is only the second time in at least 6 years that it has happened than I guess I just mark it down as a non-issue. If it was happening on a weekly basis or bi-weekly then I would have more of an issue with it.

Good point

I would say, that since no one sings along to anything the band does besides the rouser, who cares.

That's not true. Lots of people sing along with Minnesota Hail to Thee. In many ways it's a more stirring song than the Rouser.

Like others have said, I think it was dumb of the PA announcer, but no big harm if it was just a one time thing.

That's not true. Lots of people sing along with Minnesota Hail to Thee. In many ways it's a more stirring song than the Rouser.

Like others have said, I think it was dumb of the PA announcer, but no big harm if it was just a one time thing.

I disagree. I have had season tickets since 2007 and I have never heard anyone sing Minnesota Hail to Thee. In absolutely no way is it more stirring than the Rouser.

I almost always sing along to Louie-Louie.

I disagree. I have had season tickets since 2007 and I have never heard anyone sing Minnesota Hail to Thee. In absolutely no way is it more stirring than the Rouser.

Wow!!!!!!!

The players all sing Minnesota Hail to Thee right in front of the band after all home games. A good chunk of the students that remain do as well. The Band parents (600 or so) all do the same as to the other die hard fans that hang around after the game.

The Band always plays the alma mater at the end of the halftime field performance with the words to the song visible on the both scoreboards. Many fans sing along to the song.

The 9:50PM poster, who has allegedly been a season ticket holder since 2007 must be texting or taking a crap during all home games when these things happen during every single game.

People like MNfootballfan do not "sing" The Rouser either, and that is the truth.

The main people that actually sing the words of the rouser are the students and some of the middle aged male and more specifically,,older female skewed "academic" fans. The rest of the fans generally only clap then yell the spell out portion of the cheer a few seconds before it is suppose to be done(watch the band and scoreboard). Now, I will admit the Rouser gets the best response by far, but that last post reeks of the Gopher Hockey Fan (or Michigan WalMart Wolverine) mentality.A lot of these fans do not know the words of any of the songs, much like the Iowa fans that cannot properly sing the Iowa Fight Song. (they think it is we're going to fight, fight,for Iowa...., not the word is Fight, Fight..for Iowa..)

The Iowa Fight Song -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4ANP8g8wrE

Top Bottom