P.J. Fleck remaining patient at Minnesota after rough start in 'Year Zero'

I'm not sure I'd go that far. Wisconsin was in control most of the game but it was a one score game for part of the 2nd half including at the end.
Yeah but that's like saying we had a chance against Sparry last year, or against Ohio State in 2014 and 2015

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That cotton bowl was never in doubt. You also conveniently leave out that Flecks two best wins in 2016 were against teams the gophers absolutely throttled. Claeys also had a two possession lead when jump around came on in 2016

In 4 years Fleck also built a team more than capable of competing in the B1G West with MAC resources. What's he going to do over 4 years with B1G resources?

I wouldn't call him insecure and making excuses. We have individuals on this board who want him to fail despite saying otherwise. When you look at the scope of things as to what he was taught (not burning red shirts for the future etc.), we need to give him some time. Doesn't happen overnight. Look what Frost is doing and players are leaving. Here on this board the alarm was sounded when it happened here, but when it happened in Nebraska people were saying that this was expected on this board. Negativity continues unfortunately due to Trolls and people who don't get it.

IMHO This is what will separate Fleck from Brewster. Because he tried, or felt pressure to succeed right away, he compromised. Between instability with coordinators, and going heavy on JUCOs, wasn't able to build for the future.

In 4 years Fleck also built a team more than capable of competing in the B1G West with MAC resources. What's he going to do over 4 years with B1G resources?
He did. I think it's great he beat the 5th and 6th place teams in the West on his way to the Cotton Bowl. Or did Purdue beat Illinois that year, too lazy to look it up. I am not saying Fleck can't recruit, but I have some serious reservations after last year about in game coaching and player development. Even in year -1 you should be playing your best ball at the end of the year because that's when you should identify whose bought in and who hasn't. And those were just piss poor efforts from the players and the coaching staff. Seriously wtf are we trying to do on either side of the call, besides some phrases and buzz words, what is the identity of a PJ Fleck football team on the field?

Yep, Jerry Kill created teams that would have won the MAC. It's pretty much my concern about Fleck...but i hope that Fleck is able to change the culture and with it create a New MN that will compete every year for the BT WEST. BT West is sofffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttt and MN competing for BTW titles in 2 years is entirely possible---if Fleck and Co. know how to coach, scheme and prepare.

Top Bottom