P.J. Fleck heard Gophers fans’ boos Saturday and wanted to respond

It worked out this time....but we've seen cases where it hasn't. PJ is so concerned with having the ball last.....that he limits the ability of the offense to call from the entire playbook. That was the case here. After the first down run of three by Nubin with 35 seconds left....we had limited options. Can't really continue to run the ball....can't really get a first down.

I'm not saying I agree with PJ's philosophy - but after 7 years, how can any MN fan be surprised by this? the coach did what the coach does in virtually every similar situation. He is who he is. He ain't gonna change now.

it's like that annoying thing your boss does. better learn to live with it because they're the boss and they're not changing what they do to suit you.

Sometimes I think that coaches get defensive because they don't think that fans realize how hard it is to win a D1 game. Every team has a pretty accomplished head coach and scholarship athletes. I'm guessing that he is thinking, we won the freaking game, let's celebrate for a few hours, what could the fans unhappy about??!!
They weren't booing after the game. They were booing just before halftime when we were trailing and seemingly willing to settle for a FG.

Jackson ran the route and AK threw the laser. Had either failed to materialize it would be a much larger issue.

The guy behind me was screaming on the Tyler overturned call that he wasn't touched so wasn't down.

Also didn't understand the clock rules and was screaming.

Screamed for the players to stop looking at the sideline and just play (not in the 2 min drill...the whole game).

Like, do you follow CFB or watched the Gophers at all over the last 7 years 😂 Fun afternoon.
Well, he was there and not watching something called Queen.

I don't think people were booing the team, they were the head coach because of the amount of time that ran off. Team was in FG range, and 3rd 11 out of an injury timeout with a lot of time running out concerned people at the game. I was just hoping there would be enough time to score a TD, so it was confusing why they let that amount of time run out. It worked out. Needed a TD in that spot to have a good feeling going into the second half of play. It's a tough enough game, the time out usage does seem frivolous at times. Fleck has been a head coach long enough so he has the sense to use his time-outs when he feels they are needed.
Where others see opportunity, he sees risk.

Why boo your team? Grumble, fume, be exasperated, and throw your arms up in despair, even offer an incredulous cry of "what!?!!?!", but never ever boo your team. Go U Phars, now and forever.
I booed PJ and the Gophers once... they were running into the locker room at halftime in the Bowling Green game. They deserved it.

I'm not saying I agree with PJ's philosophy - but after 7 years, how can any MN fan be surprised by this? the coach did what the coach does in virtually every similar situation. He is who he is. He ain't gonna change now.

it's like that annoying thing your boss does. better learn to live with it because they're the boss and they're not changing what they do to suit you.
He talks incessantly about changing your best, and I guess it still surprises me after seven years that he’s not more self-aware.

Top Bottom