Owatonna DE Andrew Stelter Committs to Gophers Via Twitter!

goldfan24

Reaction score
Andrew Stelter from Owatonna just committed to the Gophers.

@Steltz_78: Just committed to the University of Minnesota! So thankful! #gogophers

Go Gophers!!

great news, welcome aboard.

Nice addition. It's interesting that we're going to end up with 2-3 DEs in this class, good thing as its the most difficult position to recruit.

@BillyGlasscock4: Big Time Day For Gopher Football! One More Brick! #BrickByBrick #Uncommon #Gophers

Go Gophers!!

@CoachPatPoore: Big time get for the Gophers#future

Go Gophers!!

@bigtime15: Gophers just got better

Go Gophers!!

Nice addition. It's interesting that we're going to end up with 2-3 DEs in this class, good thing as its the most difficult position to recruit.

Second poster today that's said this same thing. What am I missing? Ryan Burns said the coaches wanted 1 DT & 1 DE, but might take one more if the guy was just too good to pass up.

Daily Goph says he is going to play DT.

He said himself in the GI story that it depends on how his body grows. If he puts on enough weight he'll play DT otherwise he'll stay at DE. He's fine with either as long as it helps the team win (gotta love that).

This guy is a good football player who may develop into an outstanding collegian. He might be someone like Karl Mecklenburg.

This guy is a good football player who may develop into an outstanding collegian. He might be someone like Karl Mecklenburg.

Meck....One of the best defensive lineman the Broncos have ever had.

Kyle Stevens of the People's Press in Owatonna has an expanded article.
http://www.southernminn.com/owatonn...cle_8f1a2c25-6987-5c46-ba81-15aff9c9656f.html
Thanks! Nice story. I really liked this quote:

"Stanford was really fun, I enjoyed my time out in California," Stelter said. "It's a great place to be and visit, the weather was perfect. I guess it helped me make my decision because Minnesota is home and it helped me put that in perspective and it made the decsion more clear."

Second poster today that's said this same thing. What am I missing? Ryan Burns said the coaches wanted 1 DT & 1 DE, but might take one more if the guy was just too good to pass up.

Burns says the Kafo offer is for real & that the staff sees Stelter as kind of a tweener/hybrid DT/DE & are interested in one more true DE.

Top Bottom