outscored 25-7

Sampson could never see the floor again and I wouldn't miss him.

I'm sure you were here writing the same thing at halftime of our last two games, just to disappear at the end.

Down 9 at half....lots of time. Hard to see the 25 - 5 run, need to execute better. Tubby will make adjustments and we will be in it.

Hold on there, MS. You're forgetting that we practically had to beg him to not go to the NBA this offseason?

No excuse for not calling a time out. Some times coaches want to see a team push threw some adversaty, but lets actually wake up after 5 minutes of it.

would have been pointless, team totally shut off when TM went down. they will need to have someone else step up to lead so they can focus.

I could hear Dicky V screaming for a timeout for most of that run-- too bad one of the assistants doesn't do a Dicky V impression or have the juice to remind Tubby to stop the bleeding.

Yes the run was mostly before he got hurt. Sometimes people like to express their own point without really reading a post.

I could hear Dicky V screaming for a timeout for most of that run-- too bad one of the assistants doesn't do a Dicky V impression or have the juice to remind Tubby to stop the bleeding.

And I could hear Phil Jackson saying to Tubby, let them play it out, let them work through it. What's your point? Different coaches have different philosiphies, the fact you disagree with it doesn't make it right or wrong.

And I could hear Phil Jackson saying to Tubby, let them play it out, let them work through it.
No offense, but comparing Phil Jackson's players/team to ours actually made me laugh when I read your post.

We don't have Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan out there. Letting NBA Hall-of-Famers work through a run versus 4 freshmen and sophomores running around with their heads cut off throwing the ball into the 3rd row is a slightly different situation.

Also, I can understand a few points here and there, but when your opponent goes on a run, you might want to call a TO after it's a 10, or 12-2 run, not 18-2. Just my thoughts.

ShowinGoldyLove said:
No offense, but comparing Phil Jackson's players/team to ours actually made me laugh when I read your post.

We don't have Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan out there. Letting NBA Hall-of-Famers work through a run versus 4 freshmen and sophomores running around with their heads cut off throwing the ball into the 3rd row is a slightly different situation.

Also, I can understand a few points here and there, but when your opponent goes on a run, you might want to call a TO after it's a 10, or 12-2 run, not 18-2. Just my thoughts.

Not trying to compare, and I'm not familiar with Phil's coaching outside of MJ or Kobe, he's just one I know of with that coaching philosophy, but yes, at 25-7 he may have even called a time out. That was a brutal run, but a good growing experience for the players none the less. You've got to stop those runs somehow.

Duke vs ohio st

Mike Krzyzewski called a timeout when Ohio St. went up 9 to nothing to start the game. Like him or not one of the best in the game.

Top Bottom