Our Stadium

Is that why they call MSU’s stadium a “wood shed”? 😆

I’ve been to the Big House, don’t remember how the stadium was because I was delirious sedated since we won the jug that game.

I’ll be at Beaver Stadium for the first time on 10/22.
Don't forget to bring back a win.

I’ve always dreamt of getting the stadium expanding to compete with the big boys, but I just don’t think it will ever really make sense unless we ascend to blue blood levels of success for multiple years.

Our stadium is great. I particularly love the exterior—the classic brick bowl design with some glass/modern features.

I’ve only seen games at two other B1G stadiums: Maryland and Nebraska. Maryland’s stadium was nothing special. I like Memorial Stadium at Nebraska, but part of that may be the great game day atmosphere.

I’ve always dreamt of getting the stadium expanding to compete with the big boys, but I just don’t think it will ever really make sense unless we ascend to blue blood levels of success for multiple years.
With the trends of college football attendance nationwide, I think our stadium is perfect sized.

With the trends of college football attendance nationwide, I think our stadium is perfect sized.
Yeah if anything stadiums are trimming total capacity in favor of better amenities.

We are ahead of the game there.

As a place to watch a football game there’s no better Stadium in America. The concessions/food are about a D+ but to me that’s not a big deal the beer is generally cold.

Said it many times but maybe they can just add some bathrooms, concessions, and possibly a small mid-premium type seating area up top.
ROOF TOP BEACH CLUB WHERE MY WORD IS LAW 🏖️

As a place to watch a football game there’s no better Stadium in America. The concessions/food are about a D+ but to me that’s not a big deal the beer is generally cold.
I think the food quality has improved a great deal….. service has been terrible… nobody cooking/ ultra slow lines at times.

It's a modern day "shoe" with leg room, amenities and a better view.

How does it compare to other Big Ten Stadiums? I know it’s not the biggest but I love it. It’s modern, clean, sells beer. I like the open section by the end zone. I’ve never been to any other Big Ten stadiums but I read someone mention MSU was a dump.
IMO It's near the top. I would rank Michigan, Iowa, and Madison are cool stadiums. I've never been to OSU or PSU so I wouldn't know. Northwestern, Purdue, Illinois are mediocre.

Didn't they design the stadium so that it can be easily expanded to 70K capacity?
The stadium was designed to be capable of supporting future seating expansion to 80,000. The 30,000 seats would be added above the second deck of the stadium from the end of the press boxes across to the northwest end of the venue, wrapping around the remainder of the horseshoe.

There is not a bad seat in the house....

I enjoy my 4 seats 15 rows up in the upper deck in Section 215, on about the 5 yard line. Pay extra for seatbacks to prevent encroaching squatters trying to squeeze into the bench seating (a rarity). Excellent viewing, great people.

Season ticket only $310. BEST sports value in town. Also, I went to the top of the stadium to buy a beer from the concession up there, and the view from the top railing is spectacular.

I‘m in row 18 of section 215. I also rent the cushions for the season, and I’ve found them to be very comfortable. Plus, in this section I’ve had no one poke me in the back for standing and cheering for the Gophers’ defense on 3rd down (as I’ve had in previous locations).

Vandy, I’ll look for you on Saturday. I’ll be wearing (checks map of “stripe-out”) maroon.

Truthfully, I’ll probably be the only 61-year-old in our section wearing Gopheralls.

I appreciate the fact it is much more comfortable to watch a game at the bank compared to most other college stadiums that were built when people were seemingly half the size they are now.

You get really well acquainted with your knee caps at most other stadiums.
Exactly. A steamy day/night at Fenway or Wrigley is bound to be made worse by "seat overflow"!

How does it compare to other Big Ten Stadiums? I know it’s not the biggest but I love it. It’s modern, clean, sells beer. I like the open section by the end zone. I’ve never been to any other Big Ten stadiums but I read someone mention MSU was a dump.
In my opinion The Bank is one of the nicest Big10 stadiums in terms of concessions, concourse, bathrooms, and general seating. Most, if not all, Big 10 stadiums are bench seats that pack you in like sardines. In terms of atmosphere, I would say The Bank ranks somewhere in the middle. When compared to Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska, we have a longgggg ways to go for that. However, we are heads and shoulders better than Purdue in every category, I felt like it was a glorified HS stadium.

I wouldn't say MSU is a dump though. I thought it was a pretty fun stadium. The concourse, concessions, and bathrooms were pretty outdated. The seating felt similar to Iowa's in terms of proximity to the sidelines. I thought the Woodshed would be much much louder early in the game but it was surprisingly quiet (during the first drive). Also, our band could have run circles around theirs.

We were about 30 rows up around the 40 yard line. Can't wait to report back on Beaver Stadium.

I’ve been to every other B1G stadium, and we are extremely fortunate to have HBS. On the whole, every other stadium has been around for many, many years, and shows it. If you think bathroom and concessions lines are bad at our stadium, go to another college stadium and you’ll be singing a different tune.

The security lines at Beaver Stadium were unlike any I’ve ever seen for a sporting event, so be prepared if going there. Even with that, that was my favorite opposing stadium - the location, the fans, the atmosphere are awesome.

You have a debate if you’re talking about atmosphere, as many other larger stadiums have that over HBS. But if you’re talking general fan experience and “nice-ness”, our stadium is leaps and bounds better than the rest. Many of the other stadiums are glorified erector sets and/or comparable to a high school stadium. The amount of space you get in your seat at Memorial (NE), Ohio Stadium and the big house is laughable.

Kinnick, while a great homefield advantage, looks like it was pieced together by a drunken baboon. It's weird.

Lots of pro-sports options.
Program mediocrity from 1968 through 1998.
Zero Administration support for revenue sports from mid-1970s to mid-1990s.
Metrodome from 1982 to 2008 as the stadium.
Lost at least 2 generations of students due to commuter campus model.

This is a start on the institutional side. Prior to the Vikings this was a Golden Gopher town.
That’s a great and fair point, if you look at all the big stadiums in the big 10 I don’t think any other schools have a pro team in the city let alone 4

That’s a great and fair point, if you look at all the big stadiums in the big 10 I don’t think any other schools have a pro team in the city let alone 4
I arrived in the Twin Cities to attend The U in 1989. I was a UGA Bulldawg by blood, college, and just football. It took me about 2 months into the 1989 football season to realize there was no instituational support for Gophers football. I had become aware of Minnesota's history and it just did not add up.

Living here from 1989 to 1997 were my darkest years as a FB fan. Fortunately, Mason's hire was the signal that the Old Guard had changed with President Mark Yudof...from UT Austin...and that revenue sports were a priority again for Minnesota. Unfortunately, a lot of damage was done in the 70s, 80s, and into the 90s but we are now some 25 years of direction change where we are living in real time the benefits on the field.

Things are going the right direction with the current AD, President, and Board of Regents. Thank goodness. Enjoy the ride.

Kinnick, while a great homefield advantage, looks like it was pieced together by a drunken baboon. It's weird.
Kinnick…. the home of the Minnesota State Screaming Eagles. Haven’t heard much from them since coach Fox left.

I like keeping it at 50k. That's the right size for our program. Possibly, one day, we could outgrow it, if we have many great Fleck years of excellence.

But even then, would rather have a sold out 50k every time over averaging 55k in an 80k stadium.
I was told that they also built it so it could be easily expanded on the west end if needed and that’s why it was left open. Not sure if that’s true but it makes sense. Many of the mega stadiums have been added on to over the years.

There is not a bad seat in the house....

I enjoy my 4 seats 15 rows up in the upper deck in Section 215, on about the 5 yard line. Pay extra for seatbacks to prevent encroaching squatters trying to squeeze into the bench seating (a rarity). Excellent viewing, great people.

Season ticket only $310. BEST sports value in town. Also, I went to the top of the stadium to buy a beer from the concession up there, and the view from the top railing is spectacular.
There are concessions at the top of the stadium on the sunny side?

Columbus has the blue jackets. College Park is essentially DC so if you count that it has 4

Top Bottom