OTURU OFFICIALLY COMMITS TO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!

Great to see someone from the alma mater going on to play for the Gophers!

Go Raiders! Go Gophers!

Sounds like his game is a good fit for the rugged big ten.

Oturu actually led Howard Pulley in rebounding this past summer. Out-rebounded Theo in less mpg and he is obviously a year younger than Theo as well.

This should help with other in state recruits along with what Pitino has recently done with Coffey and Hurt?

and JJ

"Gophers basketball: Jarvis Johnson hopes other Minnesotans follow him to U"

Reuvers owned Oturu in that game.

Still a great get.

Sweet. Jump on board Jones and Hurt brothers.

Love Reuvers game but the post is really about Oturu and it does not matter if he is a elite level recruit because he is the kind of kid that can become a very meaningful player for this program. If he aligns his skill to his talent then watch out.

We do know that Oturo is the smarter one vs Ruevers. Ruevers will face the disdain of all Gopher fans the rest of his life as a turncoat vs. Oturo becoming a local hero. 20 years from now Oturo will become a part of MN basketball lore and no one will remember that Buevers kid.

We do know that Oturo is the smarter one vs Ruevers. Ruevers will face the disdain of all Gopher fans the rest of his life as a turncoat vs. Oturo becoming a local hero. 20 years from now Oturo will become a part of MN basketball lore and no one will remember that Buevers kid.
Thanks Sid.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What a dumb post.

Makes the 2017 class with 2 highly touted guards and no bigs look that much better

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This is amazing news.

I hoped for the best but expected the worst. This program hasn't gotten too many breaks. Hopefully Coffey + Oturo are the start of high profile MN guys wanting to stay home

Really big news for Oturo and Pitino. Mason and McBrayer both graduate prior to this year, so hopefully Jones sees the opportunity in front of him! Thompson would give us a very athletic team! Go Gophers!!!!!

There is a reason that any dedicated thread on Reuvers is in Gopherhole purgatory - RIP Fadger! Moving on to what is really important - Oturu is a huge commit for the Gophers and am thrilled he sees himself in maroon & gold, representing Minnesota. Would be awesome if we get Thompson & Jones - and the pipeline of great players from New York continues. Potential for great things to happen in basketball and football at the UofM over the next few years.

Oturu the player

I have never seen Oturu play? Can someone describe his game? 18 reb a game shows tremendous heart! Is he a bit like Curry?

I just watched the highlight vid of that game. They are both going to be really good college players.

Definitely - and also, I don't see these guys matching up at the next level. In HS they're going to be forced to match up, and notwithstanding the experience gap, I think Ruevers had some mobility advantages that skewed the numbers. Oturu will be much more effective against fellow pure posts once he's in college (to state the obvious).

Top Bottom