Oturu last night

Gopherbbdude

Reaction score
He played terrible! Defense, running the court, offence, with or without the ball.

Worst game of the season by far. He was beat down the court on 90% of the plays.

still got a DD but his overall play stunk.

on another note
that might have been the worst officiated game I've ever seen live

rough game. This team is trending in the wrong direction. Gabe had an especially poor night as well.

Being there in person, it's hard to name one player that played well for the Gophers. Willis, maybe, because he made a couple shots?

Definitely a tough night for Daniel. Jackson-Davis took him to school.

mentioned it before....he spends too much time whining and looking for a call on the offensive end which leads to him being late on the defensive end!

he just looked either tired or lazy last night especially. like on that end of shot clock play where the freshman from IU made that long 2 point shot. Oturu just stood at the free throw line....didn't really help Carr on the pick and roll and rather then getting out to his guy he stood there and gave up basically an uncontested shot at the end of the shot clock

mentioned it before....he spends too much time whining and looking for a call on the offensive end which leads to him being late on the defensive end!

he just looked either tired or lazy last night especially. like on that end of shot clock play where the freshman from IU made that long 2 point shot. Oturu just stood at the free throw line....didn't really help Carr on the pick and roll and rather then getting out to his guy he stood there and gave up basically an uncontested shot at the end of the shot clock

Good observations. He almost looks like he's hit a wall. And though not nearly as talented as Oturu, the same thing with Demir. In the the NBA they'd call it the "rookie wall", except neither of those guys are rookies.

Totally agree his constant complaining to the refs is getting really old and it’s not a good look for him or the team. it almost seems like he doesn’t get some calls just because of his constant whining.

Good news is I think he’ll still be here next year. Not a first round draft choice this year

He played terrible! Defense, running the court, offence, with or without the ball.

Worst game of the season by far. He was beat down the court on 90% of the plays.

on another note
I don't know whether he was sick or what was wrong with him. But the appearance was that he was loafing. He did not hustle up and down the court.

Agree also on the officiating. Lots of phantom calls and then heavy contact with no call. Indiana player flopped in the paint, and they called Oturu. The kid that slipped would have been a Carr steal- but instead a foul. Tons of bad calls. But we richly earned that loss. Just terrible, terrible basketball.

Good news is I think he’ll still be here next year. Not a first round draft choice this year
We'll see, but these last several games are going to stick with the scouts as they evaluate him. He has not responded well to the changing tactics of opposing teams and neither have our coaches. He needs to sit down in the low post for a while and become a big man again. Him floating on the perimeter is drawing the defense out on the guards. Run down the court, stick a foot in the paint and grab the spot.
High pick and roll isn't working anymore.

on another note
Not his fault the only "play" Pitino runs for him is catching the ball on the block and isoing

Yeah it was really defeating to see Oturu get completely out played by jackson-davis, wasn't too long ago it seemed like a given Oturu was the one doing that to the other team

Agree also on the officiating. Lots of phantom calls and then heavy contact with no call. Indiana player flopped in the paint, and they called Oturu. The kid that slipped would have been a Carr steal- but instead a foul. Tons of bad calls. But we richly earned that loss. Just terrible, terrible basketball.

Well stated, but I would say 1 official was horrible, the other 2 guys were fine.

And as you stated, Gophers were just plain bad. That's why they lost. We got clearly outplayed by what in my opinion is the most dysfunctional team in the Big Ten. Gophers should've been up 10-15 at halftime, and they eventually paid for it. Just a lethargic performance right down the line. I think they let Iowa beat them twice. Played like they were still shell-shocked from the late-game implosion vs. Hawkeyes.

Not only whining to the official, but has there been a game this year where he hasn't milked an injury? Every time he gets hit, it looks like a tragedy. I love the guy, obviously, but when we're winning and playing well, it's easy to overlook or laugh these things off. Now they just look weak and ridiculous. He's going to need to grow up, and that is one way another year could really help.

I am starting to think the same thing. When he faces quality opponents, he is far from dominant and plays at par with them. He was clearly outmatched tonight by Jackson Davis.

Not only whining to the official, but has there been a game this year where he hasn't milked an injury? Every time he gets hit, it looks like a tragedy. I love the guy, obviously, but when we're winning and playing well, it's easy to overlook or laugh these things off. Now they just look weak and ridiculous. He's going to need to grow up, and that is one way another year could really help.

I assume you're talking about when he hurt his wrist and went back to the bench for 7 seconds? That really ticked ya off?

I am starting to think the same thing. When he faces quality opponents, he is far from dominant and plays at par with them. He was clearly outmatched tonight by Jackson Davis.

Demir was overmatched by Jackson-Davis.

Unfortunately, it was Jackson-Davis >>>>>>>>> Demir and Oturu >>> the guy guarding him.

Oturu played horribly, but Jackson-Davis did most of his work on Demir.

Oturo has nothing to gain by staying another year. The NBA often drafts based on potential and he has a lot. I thought he held his own against Garza.
Playing on a losing team with only one other quality player would wear down most people. MN is not going to the NCAA and the season is mostly over.

Oturo has nothing to gain by staying another year. The NBA often drafts based on potential and he has a lot. I thought he held his own against Garza.
Playing on a losing team with only one other quality player would wear down most people. MN is not going to the NCAA and the season is mostly over.

Shut up.

Demir was overmatched by Jackson-Davis.

Unfortunately, it was Jackson-Davis >>>>>>>>> Demir and Oturu >>> the guy guarding him.

Oturu played horribly, but Jackson-Davis did most of his work on Demir.
Respectfully, Jackson-Davis did plenty of his work on Oturu. He got the best of both guys by a significant margin, especially in the second half. Oturu will be fine, even really good players have their lunch handed to them sometimes!

I assume you're talking about when he hurt his wrist and went back to the bench for 7 seconds? That really ticked ya off?
Where did I say I was ticked off? It makes me roll my eyes. You seriously haven’t noticed his reaction to any sort of injury? It has happened at least once in nearly every game. He’s the only guy on the floor that does it. And he’s always back in seconds. Which is good, but he definitely likes the drama.

You're mad because your selfish intentions want him to stay.

Me? I have been saying that not only Oturu will go pro, but he should go pro.

I told Pluto to shut up because he is a Badger fan. I agreed with his post.

Respectfully, Jackson-Davis did plenty of his work on Oturu. He got the best of both guys by a significant margin, especially in the second half. Oturu will be fine, even really good players have their lunch handed to them sometimes!

I'm sure you're right. I can live with good players beating other good players, so the plays he had on Oturu probably didn't stand out to me.

I can't live with gimmes, and against Demir, those were gimmes.

But you're probably right.

Me? I have been saying that not only Oturu will go pro, but he should go pro.

I told Pluto to shut up because he is a Badger fan. I agreed with his post.
Gotcha, not familiar with Plato and his affection for the badgers

I'm sure you're right. I can live with good players beating other good players, so the plays he had on Oturu probably didn't stand out to me.

I can't live with gimmes, and against Demir, those were gimmes.

But you're probably right.
I am done with Demir. He is crafty in the paint at times but his outside shot is putrid (zero for his last 16), he can't defend, can't jump and doesn't handle the ball securely. More Ihnen please. I'd rather see Omersa out there than Demir.

I am done with Demir. He is crafty in the paint at times but his outside shot is putrid (zero for his last 16), he can't defend, can't jump and doesn't handle the ball securely. More Ihnen please. I'd rather see Omersa out there than Demir.

He also hasn't been put into a position to succeed. He's been bad, but it's tough to expect people to succeed when they are being utilized incorrectly.

Yep. That was a dagger shot. Oturu had zero idea what was going on there.

We got 99 problems and Oturo ain’t one of them.

Yes, he is. But that does not mean he won't be drafted and go. Oturo plays and acts like a young sophomore. But, sadly, that is the college game today, guys with talent leave as teens, not men.

Top Bottom