Oto

Oto has struggled with his shot for most of the year so it was good to see him have some success last night. I like his aggressiveness, but he is becoming a foul machine which for a part time player isn't terrible (like the effort), but he will have to make better decisions on defense and rebounding to play more. I am in agreement with others above that Buggs future is bright and he is more likely to start than Oto going forward.

If he hits 4-6 threes per game the Gophers would be unbelievable. If you meant shoot, then I am fine with that # as long as he makes a decent percentage.

My biggest gripe with Oto is that he doesn't seem to have good ball skills. He doesn't seem to catch well, pass well, dribble well or rebound well. He also isn't a good defender but is long and that helps him some.

He had two dumb fouls last night in his first shift and that is against an inferior opponent with inferior athletes. One of them was on a drive where the guy was going to have to take a very tough shot and he bailed them out. I hate when guys do that.

Khoffman, man that's pretty funny. I'm glad you found a redeeming quality in his length.

Oto has struggled with his shot for most of the year so it was good to see him have some success last night. I like his aggressiveness, but he is becoming a foul machine which for a part time player isn't terrible (like the effort), but he will have to make better decisions on defense and rebounding to play more. I am in agreement with others above that Buggs future is bright and he is more likely to start than Oto going forward.

With his shot not falling, he definitely seems to be pressing in other areas...which is leading to stupid fouls and some turn overs. I'm confident that he'll see the floor 15-20 minutes in the Big Ten season consistently and will start to see his shots fall. This year playing behind the seniors will be a real confidence builder for the next two years.

Although I never saw him play, I always envisioned him as a David Grimm (sp?) kind of guy. Taller white dude that can bomb threes...maybe he comes around, but so far I would say he has been pretty much a non factor...

With his shot not falling, he definitely seems to be pressing in other areas...which is leading to stupid fouls and some turn overs. I'm confident that he'll see the floor 15-20 minutes in the Big Ten season consistently and will start to see his shots fall. This year playing behind the seniors will be a real confidence builder for the next two years.

If the B1G competition is going to be as tough as we all think it is... He's averaging 9.5 minutes a game in the crap portion of our schedule, there's no way he's seeing 15-20 minutes a game once B1G season rolls around. His game is a liability in every respect right now.

If the B1G competition is going to be as tough as we all think it is... He's averaging 9.5 minutes a game in the crap portion of our schedule, there's no way he's seeing 15-20 minutes a game once B1G season rolls around. His game is a liability in every respect right now.

+1, he's the 3rd PF off the bench right now behind Mbakwe and Ingram. If anything his minutes will go down in the B1G season. We've actually seen a lineup with all three of those guys in at the same time, but I can't see that happening in tight games.

+1, he's the 3rd PF off the bench right now behind Mbakwe and Ingram. If anything his minutes will go down in the B1G season. We've actually seen a lineup with all three of those guys in at the same time, but I can't see that happening in tight games.

Exactly. From what I have observed of his in game minutes, there is no way he will be gettin more PT during B1G Ten play.

If your expectation is him making 4-6 3's a game he would have the most in the country and double what the Hoff averaged. I actually think Oto is a good defensive rebounder. When he plays inside the 3 pt line, i like his passing. I think he is a decent ball handler if he is a pf, maybe less than average at sf. I think he starts next year with Buggs having a good chance to unseat him, Tubby likes experienced players unless he is forced by great play to put the younger guys out there.

If he hits 4-6 threes per game the Gophers would be unbelievable. If you meant shoot, then I am fine with that # as long as he makes a decent percentage.

My biggest gripe with Oto is that he doesn't seem to have good ball skills. He doesn't seem to catch well, pass well, dribble well or rebound well. He also isn't a good defender but is long and that helps him some.

He had two dumb fouls last night in his first shift and that is against an inferior opponent with inferior athletes. One of them was on a drive where the guy was going to have to take a very tough shot and he bailed them out. I hate when guys do that.

If your expectation is him making 4-6 3's a game he would have the most in the country and double what the Hoff averaged. I actually think Oto is a good defensive rebounder. When he plays inside the 3 pt line, i like his passing. I think he is a decent ball handler if he is a pf, maybe less than average at sf. I think he starts next year with Buggs having a good chance to unseat him, Tubby likes experienced players unless he is forced by great play to put the younger guys out there.

Oto is kind of like mav on gopherhole...if he doesn't put up a double double people on here thinks he sucks. Oto plays solid defense and is quick enough to defend some guards and more athletic small forwards. Oto is a good passer and a defensive rebounder I agree. Oto has struggled a lot on offense but if he can some guy a breather to strictly play defense and take 1-2 shots I'm good with him. He will be better next year, other then welch all these guys look significantly better than last year imo

Top Bottom